PDA

View Full Version : How to add a 3d object into a 2d background?

tkay
12-09-2002, 12:56 PM
I know this is more like a compositing question but as thereīs no general compositing forum here i decided to put this up here..

So, iīve made a nice little 3d car and would like to blend it into a 2d photo (scene) seamlessly. How to do that with a 3d package and/or a photo manipulating prog?

Are there complete in depth tutorials (besides the toy-car on desktop, that i found) for absolute noobs on such?

Thanks in advance!

tkay

Ovi
12-09-2002, 08:25 PM
You have to use matte materials in your scene 3d program to make the 3d fit into the 2d-picture.

Try searching for "matte tutorial" and the program you use. There are lots of tuts you can learn from.

If you dont find anything useful, post again with more specific information (the picture, software used and so on).

But in general:
All elements in your 2D-scene that will recieve shadows or is in front of the car has to be modelled in 3D and assigned the proper matte-material.

Good luck :wip:

tkay
12-11-2002, 06:38 AM
Thanks, Ovi! Letīs see what i can find..

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.