PDA

View Full Version : Terence Wong Showreel

pepelepuke
02-02-2006, 09:47 PM
http://student.vfs.com/~3d54terence/predator5.JPG

http://student.vfs.com/~3d54terence/3d54terence_demo_reel.mov
(20.5 MB Quicktime) (Right click + Save as ).

Software used :

Softimage 4.2
Maya 6
Zbrush
Photoshop CS
After effect 6.5
Premier pro 1.5
i would like to thanks the class 3d53 and 3d54 from VFS, for their help and support on that project. Any comments are welcome !

Bryn
02-03-2006, 07:38 PM
Yo Terence, finally you reel is done, gotta say congrats on finnishing. I really liked the predator, and the detail you managed to get in the texturing. Few crits on the predator, I think the materials were generally good, but I think there should have been a lot more spec in the mouth and around it, also perhaps on the hair too. I did however like all the armour, and the texturing all around was of a high quality. The greyscale turnaround: the material had too much spec, I think it would be more of an advantage if you used the greyscale turnaround to show of the materials you used for each piece of geo, but still using the the grey diffuse.
Good work, would have liked to seen more, and good luck in the JOB hunt
B

MasonicInc
02-03-2006, 07:52 PM
Hey T.

Finally you got your post up, looks great and you know that I really like your predator!

Good luck bro!

shupersonic
02-03-2006, 08:05 PM
Hey terrence,

Wow, this reel is cool. I really like the hard body modelling and the texture work on the predator. It is cool to see someone model one of my all time favorite movie monsters. Predator was one of the first r rated movies that my dad let me watch when I was a kid, and I never really get tired of it.

That said, I think that the lower anatomy needs some work .. . . the thighs and feet look a little thick and need some more refinement. I also think that the prickly hair on his forehead seems too uniform. Every strand seems to be of the same length and pointed in the same direction.

Overall though this is a good reel and your texturing is really really good. You need to do some more models man. KEEP IT COMING !
BeN

pepelepuke
02-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Bryn, thanks for the comment about the spec. I will work on it again.

Lars, thanks a lot bro.

Ben i am glad that u like it , thanks for the comment..

you guys are great by giving all those comment !

aestheta
03-02-2006, 08:14 AM
What up Terrence! Great work on your Predator! It is simply gorgeous. Your modeling and texturing skills are most excellent bro. It was really great getting to know you at VFS. I wish you the bestest of luck on your job hunt. You are very talented and a truly great friend. Also one of the hardest workers I know.

much love,

christinelee
03-07-2006, 08:51 PM
How's it going?
I miss the times going to GIGA, stuffing my face with ramen, working till our eyes got red...
It was a brutal but rewarding year we spent at VFS.
I know you worked hard to get the things you have achieved!!
CHEERS!

CGTalk Moderation
03-07-2006, 08:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.