PDA

View Full Version : EIAS <> AE <> Maya Motion Conversion

3Dmation
02-02-2006, 06:22 PM
Hi folks, I don't get to read or post in forums too often anymore, but I did want to tell you that I updated my MoCon set of tools for motion conversion. MoCon is a motion convertor for AE, EI, and Maya. This requires AE 6.5 or later, EI 4.0 or later (6.0 recommended), Maya 6.0 or later. Haven't you always wanted to share your scene data using the same coordinate space for your objects and cameras across all these platforms? Now you can.

Supported are Cameras, Camera + Aim, Reference, Non Reference cameras, Object Motion, 3D to 2D conversion, Pan/Tilt tracker to camera conversion.

3.0 is a code rewrite that is about 1500% faster, allows multiple objects/cameras to be exported and imported at once.

To see a reel, where I used MoCon all over it, go to:

http://www.3dmation.com/

There is a link tiny one to an older version that is free to try. For 3.0, there's a link to Toolfarm too.

Btw, I like the idea of an LA user group. If I have time, I might be going to those meetings, be one of the old guard there;)

Barry Berman
3Dmation Visual Effects

Vizfizz
02-02-2006, 07:47 PM
Barry...

Great news. I'm sure I'll be picking up a copy of MoCon 3. Still working on the user group thing..that will probably happen a little later in the year. I've got a gig in Montreal coming up that runs through June. If we can get things going, I'd love to set up you to speak about MoCon and give us a demonstration. Chat with you soon.

CGTalk Moderation
02-02-2006, 07:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.