PDA

View Full Version : Antiqua Question

Reuben5150
02-02-2006, 03:58 PM
I'm interested in the Antiqua plugin, but does anyone know if it works with displacements ?

Example, add a displacement map to the model then use Antiqua to colorize the pits n dips or "interesting" displaced areas ?

Had a quick look at the manual, can't find an answer..

thanks

gyro
02-05-2006, 12:44 PM
Hi Reuben, I've just tried this out and it doesn't work. The displacement must be calculated after Antiqua. It does work with deformations though.

Cheers

Reuben5150
02-05-2006, 07:47 PM
Ok thanks,

Also, does it require you to export the mesh after coloration before rendering ?

I have the ColorDenser plugin (which is great) but you have to export and re-import before any reactive shaders will work.

I was hoping the Antiqua would not require this procedure.

Good to see another user in the UK ! :)

Reuben

gyro
02-06-2006, 07:34 AM
Nope you don't HAVE to export, but it can make life a bit easier depending on the complexity of what you are doing. Shaders will react to the colour directly from the plugin, EDIT: the shaders go on the child objects not the antiqua plugin as I previously said, s'cuse me END EDIT. If you can get away with this then you can get some nice animated effects - for example on a wave/water mesh I colourised the peaks using antiqua and applied a reactive shader to provide some froth only on the moving wave peaks. It was a little jerky due to the mesh resolution but otherwise worked well.

One other thing I often do with Antiqua is run a previously exported model through it again to build up more complex vertex shading than a single application can achieve. You have the 3 RGB channels to store info in so for example if you were preparing a mouintain scene and wanted to apply layers of reactive shaders to the peaks you could apply blue to the peaks on one pass. Export/reimport then apply red to a tighter in set of peaks, and repeat again to apply green to just the tightest points and edges. Very flexible.

I would rate Antiqua in my top ten plugins.

Cheers

CGTalk Moderation
02-06-2006, 07:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.