PDA

View Full Version : Left IK arm not updating correctly.

Hezza
02-02-2006, 12:08 PM
Hi there, i've almost finished rigging my character but have just noticed a problem. The IK on the left arm seems to work ok, you can drag the control object around etc and all is dandy. But when you zero the translation values in the channel box, the control object goes back to its orignal position, but the arm doesn't follow. To get the arm back in postion you need to move the control object slightly in the viewport and the arm snaps back, or mmb drag a value in the control box.

This problem also happens when you undo a movement, so the box is hopping to the last position and again the arm isn't following.

I set the arm up exactly the same way as the right side which doesn't have this problem. I've gone through the hypergraph and all seems well, i deleted the parent constraint node and reapplied but no luck. The arm is setup with an IK/FK switch using 3 lots of bones, but i've checked over that and that doesn't seem to be the problem either.

Does anyone have a solution? I'll probably just redo the left side again, maybe i missed a step in the process but i'm pretty sure its done right.

Hope someone has the answer
Cheers
Hez

Hezza
02-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Nevermind guys, deleted all the IK and constraints and re-did it, all seems to be working fine now. Was surprised how easy it was to setup, been struggling to rig this character for a couple of days now and its all starting to make sense in my head.

Tara
Hezza

CGTalk Moderation
02-02-2006, 12:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.