PDA

View Full Version : Typing text effect where the letters zoom in/grow as they appear??

gizmo1990
02-02-2006, 12:19 PM
I've seen some commercials that have their text appearing on the screen in a typing fashion where the text not only dissolves/fades in but also each letter 'zooms' up as it appears.

I can't work out how this would be done in AE 5.5 using path text? Obviously the typing effect and dissolving in is easy but how would I get control of each letter so it zooms up as it fades in??

I'm testing AE7 as I've been told it has a lot more text animation features but I can't see where I could put these to use for my effect? :( I can't see any change in 7's implementation of path text? I can only see a change in general text creation which now has a little animate roll down with lots of additional controls. However, there's no 'visible characters' setting for a start nor can I see where I would have controls over individual letters scale parameters??

Any advice really appreciated, its doing my head in!

Mylenium
02-02-2006, 12:48 PM
I've seen some commercials that have their text appearing on the screen in a typing fashion where the text not only dissolves/fades in but also each letter 'zooms' up as it appears.

I can't work out how this would be done in AE 5.5 using path text? Obviously the typing effect and dissolving in is easy but how would I get control of each letter so it zooms up as it fades in??

I'm testing AE7 as I've been told it has a lot more text animation features but I can't see where I could put these to use for my effect? :( I can't see any change in 7's implementation of path text? I can only see a change in general text creation which now has a little animate roll down with lots of additional controls. However, there's no 'visible characters' setting for a start nor can I see where I would have controls over individual letters scale parameters??

Any advice really appreciated, its doing my head in!

Oh my. Ever bothered to read the online help?. What you need is called text animators and you'd need two of them, one for size and the other for opacity. After that it's just a matter of tweaking the parametrers. For simplicity you might wann look at the text animation presets that come with AE 7.

Mylenium

CGTalk Moderation
02-02-2006, 12:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.