PDA

View Full Version : How does it work?

Julius
02-02-2006, 04:26 AM
Hi there, I am modelling in zbrush but starting a base mesh in maya and i cant get my head around something which i've tried to find an answer for. I have been told to unwrap my uv's in maya before going to zbrush however i am curious as to wether zbrush can update uv's if you later export a higher res version from zbrush or do the uv's get stuck in the low version (what ever version you bring in first).

So basically if i add geometry to my base mesh in zbrush will the uv's get updated when i export back to maya or is the only way to do this is by using normal/displacement mapping on the base mesh like everyone else is doing atm? :)

Beanmaster
02-02-2006, 09:01 AM
You can export every subdivision level mesh you want out of ZBrush the UVs will be updated. It's not required to export subdivision level 1. Hope i get what you meant.

Julius
02-02-2006, 10:25 AM
Thankyou for your reply.

Ah i see now, but when you export it at the higher division will the uv's be exported higher aswell or will the original low division base uv's be exported?

IZZE
02-03-2006, 05:36 AM
yes UV's will be updated.

CGTalk Moderation
02-03-2006, 05:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.