PDA

View Full Version : is a Cube supposed to be Round?

sadicus
02-01-2006, 05:23 PM
just trying to work with some shaders, and gettig a few weird things. Like creating a cube, a cylinder or ANY new item shape, renders as a sphere. (this is not using <TAB> for metanurbs, get an error messege if you try to do that anyway)

also why does the metal shader icon look good before it's loaded as a new material, int the material tray the icon changes to a pixl mess, and when it renders it looks terrible?

thanks for any help.

pelos
02-01-2006, 07:14 PM
indeed bizar eh

Wegg
02-01-2006, 07:58 PM
yea thats a funny one. The Procedural shapes are a little messed up. For any tests like that its better to just build your geometry in your modeler.

sadicus
02-01-2006, 08:06 PM
thanks for the comments. (i think?) i am new to messiah and have recently bought 4 of Joe C tutorial CD's.
is this common, or another "i pushed the wrong button type things" :0

messiah studio pro 2.2b
win Xp

Wegg
02-01-2006, 08:21 PM
I think that is the oddest one.

And a few others in the renderer. Like "Lock". It has always been there. . . but has never done anything. BOO!

For the most part everything works as it should and. . . with Armatures and expressions. . . if it is missing something you need you can make it yourself.

As you can tell I'm a bit of a fan. :-)

rush123
02-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Known bug, I remember seeing a note on the Yahoo group.

"the cylinder does render as a sphere as do the rest of
> the primitives except
> torus and plane. "

Quote from Ron on the Yahoo group.

R

CGTalk Moderation
02-01-2006, 08:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.