PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR ENTRIES

lildragon
12-09-2002, 02:32 AM
Heya guys, please submit your entries to the cgchallenge website. I'll give you all a few hours to submit them.... Please do so promptly!

salud

3dsmax5
12-09-2002, 03:03 AM
It would only accept .jpg files...I guess a 150k .mov would have looked bad anyways.

lildragon
12-09-2002, 03:08 AM
Yes I believe Leo is still tackling this feature, but DO get your pic up for the time being...

salud

Arioch
12-09-2002, 06:42 AM
What file size should we be shooting for when it comes to the upload? I know the 150K limit on the challenge site is for jpegs and that the quicktime module isn't coded yet but I thought I read 500k in someone's thread before the rollback and that seems tiny. It's difficult to get my comp below 2 megs. I think the fact that our movies are shaking gives very little to the compressor to work with as far as recycling stationary pixels.

Also do you guys actually have a sorenson 2 compression option? How did you get it. I've been keeping my quicktime program current throught the last few versions but all I have available are sorenson 1 and 3.

Mouser
12-09-2002, 07:05 AM
did I miss the window to submit?? I was gone for 4 hours... the CG Challenge site is down now.... <sigh> oh well :) I guess next time I'll be here when the gates open

johs
12-09-2002, 07:09 AM
As far as i know (for shake), the regular sorenson codec, is sorenson2

About compression, I can get my clip dow to 1 meg. but it looks like crap, I would prefere 1,5 - 2 megs. And its fine with me, if we should host it ourselves.

CobraX
12-09-2002, 07:12 AM
Arioch,

About the sorenson, i am compositing with combustion 2. When i render using Quicktime Streaming, for the sorensons i get to chose between Sorenson and Sorenson 3.

I chose Sorenson cause when i go in "options" it says version 2.02 or something like that. So i guess it's the one we have to use.

But as you, i am totally lost...i looked around for this codec...i assume that my choice is right as we haven't been briefed on what, where, how...

So there you go this is what i did, now if anyone else could give us a hint.

CobraX
12-09-2002, 07:16 AM
...hehehe i know why the deadline to the challenge has been extended..

...and why all the cgtalk database has "crashed".

it's because somebody didn't finish his Challenge...someone who can easily deactivate the database....someone with yoda as avatar :p :p :p

Just fooling around...it's late here...aaahhh i am off to bed..

You are doing an awesome JOB guys to make us HAPPY and Thank you for that :D

Take care y'all!!! :D

johs
12-09-2002, 07:42 AM
Is it my internet connection that sucks, or is the cgchallenge site unavailable. I get a "Could not connect to database." error message, hope it not means everything has to be roled back again.

vfx
12-09-2002, 08:22 AM
Can someone just clear up whats going on? I can't connect tot he challenge website so I can't submit. Uhh, Hope this means I can work on it a little longer! HEH HEH

Update: Ok all works now, but I am still unaware as to what is going on as regards the time allowed in which to upload my piece, got to render it out in this sorensen but im away from the computer today.

lildragon
12-10-2002, 01:43 AM
Hi guys, you where just required to upload your pics, as Leo didn't have anytime to implement the quicktime upload feature b4 his vacation... he'll get on it when he returns...

hectic hectic I tells ya :) I guess that's why he got me some php/MySql books :p

salud