PDA

View Full Version : rigging a leg help

StylizedReality
02-01-2006, 02:50 AM
Hi, I recently finished modeling a human model, his pose is much like this from onnovanbraam.com http://blueprints.onnovanbraam.com/blueprints-depot/humans/humans/male.JPG
as you can see the legs are fairly straight and in my case the bones might be a bit inverted. is it possible to rig this correctly or do i have to go and remodel my legs to be straight (I'd rather not just because of the blendshapes)? thanks in advance.

stewartjones
02-01-2006, 05:55 AM
"bones might be a bit inverted".... Huh? They are upside down!... AND sip tequila! :argh: I wish my joints did!

If what you mean is your legs aren't totally straight, but have a bend in the knee etc, then yes, it is totally possible to rig up your legs this way! ;)

Cheers

-Stu

Hezza
02-01-2006, 02:42 PM
You shouldn't have a problem rigging that. One thing to remember tho is set the preferred angle of the knee joint before you create the ikRPsolver, this will tell the ik chain which way to bend. (To set the preferred angle, rotate the knee in the correct direction, then right click the bone and 'set preferred angle' You can then rotate the knee back fo 0 and creat the ik)

Hope that helps
Hez

CGTalk Moderation
02-01-2006, 02:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.