PDA

View Full Version : Justin Fischer - 2006 Animation Demo Reel

fischerj
02-01-2006, 12:32 AM
I just put together a new version of my demo reel. I did all the animation and the assets in the first three shots are provided by Laika. So, check it out and let me know what you think.

http://www.jfanimation.com/images/titleflat.jpg

EricLyman
02-01-2006, 12:57 AM
Your shots are looking clean, and they work really well with your musical choice too. One problem though... What did you do with the blood in the shooting scene? Damnit! No seriously though, nice reel. Looking forward to hearing about where it takes you!

fischerj
02-01-2006, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the comments!

AlbertArt
02-02-2006, 05:55 PM
HI,

There are some nice bits of animation in your reel, nice work, but there are also some areas that just look strange to me. Like certain streching of torsos and a squashy effect on the big head girl. Also the lipsync could be worked on more to match the dialouge, and the audio clip for the cowboy was way too quiet.

Nice work though.

fischerj
02-04-2006, 01:04 AM
Albertart: thanks for the feedback and I will look into those problems.

jchristo
02-04-2006, 05:26 AM
really nice motion on the sneaking guy. i really get the sense that this character has a mind of his own and a thought process. the open jaw dangling when the light shines on him could be toned down though, its a little much. sometimes less is more . nice stuff!

fischerj
02-06-2006, 04:32 PM
jchristo: Thanks for the comments on my work! I tried to make the jaw swinging a really cartoony secondary motion. I agree it may be a little too much. Did you do the Lolliland short? I really enjoyed it! Good Work!

CGTalk Moderation
02-06-2006, 04:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.