PDA

View Full Version : making particle appear as you want it to

Netuok
01-31-2006, 09:04 PM
hi guys i was wondering if anyone has exp with trapcode particle.
what i want to do is have to control the particle anytime i want it appear
for example: everytime a text appear i want the particle to appear and when it doesnt the particle doesnt.
how can i archive this?
thanks

evanfotis
01-31-2006, 09:34 PM
There are various ways, using mulptiple layers and playing with opacity, if I understand what you mean.

Netuok
01-31-2006, 11:56 PM
basically what i want to do is have the particle appear,move,disappear as the text does. in other word make it do whatever the text does without manually inserting keyframe etc.

Mylenium
02-01-2006, 05:21 AM
basically what i want to do is have the particle appear,move,disappear as the text does. in other word make it do whatever the text does without manually inserting keyframe etc.

I think I can figure what you are trying to achieve, but it's impossible. Particle systems are calculated dynamically and there is no way for them to guess anything. This means until the moment the particle is born it does not know anything about its environment and cannot react to it. Anyway, I figure what you want could be done in some way using expressions, but it would be major math because there is always a delay between the particles being emitted and the time when the particle system is fully formed. This run-up time would even vary for words with different lengths so it would be quite tricky. Keyframing seems far simpler and may not be that hard depending on the amount of text you intend to use.

Mylenium

Shinjipierre
02-01-2006, 06:18 AM
http://naru.easynetonline.net/yaoithrower/videos/Rozen%20maiden%20-%20OP%20%5BSDproject%5D.avi

Do you want something like that ?

You don't need keyframes in the particle system for something like that...

Netuok
02-02-2006, 03:00 AM
yeah. i wanted to do something similiar like that. how did you do that?

Shinjipierre
02-02-2006, 10:40 AM
http://www.shinjipierre.be/osef/rozen/rozen.rar

Here's the project with 2 missing files : the video and the font. It should still work.
I used a script I did in order to create the text animation.

Netuok
02-02-2006, 10:00 PM
Oh thank you so much
i'll have a look at it later.

CGTalk Moderation
02-02-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.