PDA

View Full Version : Glowing effect and Colors

Prototype_Angel
01-31-2006, 09:45 PM
Hi all,

I just went to shilo design and take a look at their work reel.

I am just wondering how I can have my text have the kind of glowing effect and my back ground have that kind of colors that they are using. (I attached the capture)

are they using the lights only or some kind of specific effect

Mylenium
02-01-2006, 06:22 AM
Effect --> Render --> 4-Color-Gradient (blend mode overlay or hard light)

Effect --> Stylize --> Glow

Both effects only in the Professional version.

Mylenium

Ian Jones
02-01-2006, 09:50 AM
I strongly suggest you work on your digital stills manipulation and photoshop skills and you will be able to transfer some knowledge across here (eg, copy the text layer and blur it then colorize and you have a simlar effect). Mylenium's suggestion will do the trick but I'm saying this because these are really very fundamental questions which make me wonder whether you have worked with still images yet? You may come across more of these basic problems if you don't learn to work with digital still images first. Just a suggestion... I hope I don't sound too patronizing.

Prototype_Angel
02-02-2006, 01:13 AM
1. Thanks Mylenium :)

I strongly suggest you work on your digital stills manipulation and photoshop skills and you will be able to transfer some knowledge across here (eg, copy the text layer and blur it then colorize and you have a simlar effect). Mylenium's suggestion will do the trick but I'm saying this because these are really very fundamental questions which make me wonder whether you have worked with still images yet? You may come across more of these basic problems if you don't learn to work with digital still images first. Just a suggestion... I hope I don't sound too patronizing.

Hi Ian,

yes, I have been using photoshop for photomanipulation and photo editing since Adobe photoshop 5.0
I know if I took a look at it first time, I can make it manually using photoshop gradient and maybe blend it or just make it glow in photoshop and apply blur later on but since I am trying to learn more about After Effects (I feel so far, I am kind of behind in my after effect class)and trying to learn "one click" technique rather than wasting my time making it manually, Thats the reason why I am asking :)

Anyway, thanks for your concern :)

Ian Jones
02-02-2006, 03:22 PM
ok, np... I was just concerned in case you had jumped straight into digital animation without a solid foundation in stills. Good luck with your class.

CGTalk Moderation
02-02-2006, 03:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.