PDA

View Full Version : first animation

Inzomnia
01-31-2006, 07:40 PM
Hey everyone, this is my first real animation test (aside from bouncing balls and whatnot) so I decided to put it up here for critique so I can learn from all of you :)

http://media.putfile.com/jump_test_320

There's a few little things in it that bug me but I wanna hear what everyone else says to see if they match up. Thank you!

dalmanna
02-02-2006, 12:14 AM
nice very sweet first try.

i would add a little bit of a pause when in anticipation so that it reads and perhaps make him crouch a bit more. also when crouched you should bring his arms out behind him more which will really add more power to the jump coz he kinda fly's up.

the other thing is i would speed up the runs and add some slow ins and out to the limb movement just to get that bit more snap to everything.

keep at it coz it really does look sweet when you've made all the changes stick up again and i'll help with the details if you like. :)

Inzomnia
02-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Hey thanks dalmanna

Yeah, pretty much everything you said is what sticks out to me. Funny thing with the run is that when I first made it was going at its proper speed. I later realized that I was watching the animation playthroughs on some wierd fps (like 48 or so) so when I slowed it down the run suffered.

The arms moving back on the anticipation is a good idea. I knew something was odd about that part but couldn't put my finger on it exactly. Now I see where it needs some work.

I will work on this some more and update when I have better results :)

dalmanna
02-02-2006, 11:08 PM
sweet, keep at dude i'm looking forward to seeing it again

CGTalk Moderation
02-02-2006, 11:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.