PDA

View Full Version : Spin down

somu
01-31-2006, 04:54 PM
Hai guys

How are u guys doin........ thanks for the suggestion uve been giving all these days, inspired by that and being a proud member of this forum i would like to submit one more small animation of mine have a look.........

http://www.arcsomu.com/required/animation/spin/spin_hi.avi
:bounce:

Menesis
01-31-2006, 05:55 PM
Nice job! Only one C&C: the last jump seems a bit weird to me. Like the center of gravity isn't in the right place or maybe he's just jumping to far, I don't know. For the rest of the animation; I felt like I was watching something that was alive
:beer: (where did the 'thumbs up' smiley go!?)

edit: I think the person needs to breath hard after the last jump because of all the effort. You might add that a bit at the end :)

OneSharpMarble
01-31-2006, 06:48 PM
Ok I will give it a quick once over.

- You need to drop lower on the drop, he needs to flow. When he falls in he needs secondary motion and then settle up into his aware pose. Right now he just lands in his ready position and looks really stiff.
- You have almost no anticipation on the first jump, he barely moves backwards before he does a very huge leap forwards. When you are going to do a large motion you need to basically store energy, you need to compress big time before expanding big time.
- I like the leg movement on the bar and the slide down looks good.
- He seems to slow before hitting the ground, now I don't know if you intended to have him tighten his grip with his legs but I noticed this.
- Once again not enough compacting before springing. He basically throws his entire body like 5 feet into the air with his arms alone in about the distance of 10 inches.
- I don't really like the camera cuts, it seems like you are trying to hide something.

Overall a really nice piece that needs some tweaking with secondary motion. Keep up the good work and I hope this helps :D

somu
02-01-2006, 11:51 AM
Phillip Johnson

Thanks for the critic man i feel here and there some tweaking is needed, i made the camera cuts only bcos i cant show the whole tin in one shot it looked very small so i tryed bit differently any ways thanks

jopi

i hope u enjoyed it thanks for watching it buddy

mstram
02-03-2006, 11:09 AM
What codec did you use? I can't view it with Windows Media Player ver 9

Mike

somu
02-07-2006, 08:53 AM
Hey dude its divx5.1

CryoTwin
02-09-2006, 11:24 AM
I’m not trying to tear this animation apart, its actually quite well done. There are just subtle things that sometimes slip past.

When your character is crouching down to jump, it has an uneasy feel to it. Like its not a natural position. From what I see he’s grabbing the ledge and pulling himself forward. But from the feet position I'd assume he’s using only upper body strength to thrust himself forward.

Not to get too technical but here are some things to think about:
the initial direction from "takeoff" to his finishing position upside down on the pole is unlikely. He pulled a 'Super Mario' maneuver; changing motion mid air without an applied force. From just before takeoff his right shoulder should already be rotating. id also suggest keeping one foot forward. Bringing the knee to his chest, he could still maintain the low profile of the original scene, and have a logical force to cause his rotation.

also during the rotation he expands his arms out, in reality the rotation would slowdown because his mass is spread over a larger area he would most likely bring his arms towards his body, even if just a little bit. if you watch extreme sports like skateboarding or inline, you can see this in effect.

The grasp on the pole is too stiff. if i were jumping to a pole upside down I would fumble even a little bit, my hands would slip or overshoot, take the brunt of the impact in the shoulders or chest then end up hugging the pole instead of 'holding' it. (In ‘The Matrix” Morpheus jumps to Neo from a building. When He and Neo collide midair, they impact before either actually have a grasp on each other.

~Curtis
aka: Cryo

CGTalk Moderation
02-09-2006, 11:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.