PDA

View Full Version : The future of c*, take two

arvid
12-08-2002, 11:46 PM
Dang.. this thread got lost in the rollback of the server, I saw someone replied cus i got a mail saying so, but the thread is no more :hmm:

Anyway, I was asking about the future of c*, since I've heard no buzz at all for future versions, plus the rumours of that sprung up when edit* was discontinued.

I want c* to flourish and evolve past 2.0! :) So basically, what's the word?

I'll be happy for any input :wavey:

dmeyer
12-09-2002, 02:14 AM
Man, it IS past 2.0. I've got 2.01 on my machine!

hehe

Anyway, i second that. There was a rumor that in the resructuring that c2 lost a lot of development support, but it's one of the fastest growing userbases in the comp world.

I want a true node-based structure in 3.0 ah la Shake.

And speed up the rotospline and paint engines for the love of God!

Fede
12-09-2002, 06:47 AM
A must is a grid morph tool and other morphing plugs of sorts. From what i understand though C* will go a long way guys, so i wouldn't worry too much.

arvid
12-09-2002, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by dmeyer
I want a true node-based structure in 3.0 ah la Shake.

And speed up the rotospline and paint engines for the love of God!

hell yes! :buttrock:

It's like the few missing pieces.. the thing that I miss the most from Shake is the ability click one part of a node to view it and another part to edit it, that's especially good for rotoscoping as you get on-screen masking controls, instead of masking in a second viewport and therefor not see the realtime update as you move your masks around.. just a wish :)

dmeyer
12-09-2002, 03:05 PM
Im wondering if they are holding back on the node architechture and warping tools to not eat into Flame sales....

arvid
12-09-2002, 03:54 PM
maybe :surprised

I'm wonder what discreet will be presenting next year in terms of turnkey systems, they're bound to leave sgi hardware anyway... I heard something about a pc-based turnkey system in various configurations, very interesting IMO.

dmeyer
12-09-2002, 03:58 PM
fxGuide did a piece once on the oft-rumored Toxik. Looks to be "da bomb" as the kids say. hehe

arvid
12-09-2002, 04:03 PM
ah. toxik, now i remember :)

found it > link (http://www.fxguide.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=31)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.