PDA

View Full Version : Set Membership for Blendshapes?

dmckim
01-31-2006, 12:13 PM
I've did all my blendshapes before skinning. I'm now fixing joints and adding muscle bulges in certain spots by sdkey. I've read about similar sdk methods driving blendshapes but mine sounds a little different. What i am doing is making a sdkey slider for the verticies i've moved. I'm then driving this slider by the rotation of the appropriate joint. I've spent a lot of time on these and now found out that when i move the rig and its using the sdkeys, then try to use a blendshape for the facial expression, the sdkey verticies go back to their original position. It's obvious the blendshape verticies are overriding the same sdkey verticies.

My question is, is there a way to include only the verticies you want to include within a blendshape. For example only having the head vertices included in the blendshape. I figure that way the leg verticies for example would not be affected. I thought I could use sdkey sliders acting just like blendshapes to only drive the head verticies, but didn't think that would work well because i have some in-between blendshapes and wasn't sure how well they would blend together like blendshapes do. Any input would be much aprreciated.

ashishdantu
01-31-2006, 01:15 PM
hi,

yes, select the vertices of the sculpted mesh and then shift select the verts on ur original mesh and then give blendshape.. this will drive ur blendshape only on these vertices.. will be much lighter on the scene too..

-rgds,

M.E.L.
01-31-2006, 05:57 PM
just a quick note... always expand your selection a bit (shift + >) when using the vert method for blendshapes. This will allow you to paint a smooth fall-off using the paint blendshape weights function (instead of the really harsh jaggedness you would normally get).

-s

CGTalk Moderation
01-31-2006, 05:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.