PDA

View Full Version : The dust settles on my webpage's look

Wayne Adams
01-31-2006, 12:03 PM
OK! So this is it! Tonight after work, I'll be flooding it with the content and such. but this is the page. No more re designs.

Here you go, fellow artists:
http://www.enchantisoftstudios.com/

Later
Wayne

X@nder
01-31-2006, 04:02 PM
I say redesign :rolleyes: , haha, nah looks good, jsut need some content :bounce:

Wayne Adams
02-01-2006, 06:34 PM
Just shoving my thread to the top all these views no comments tsk tsk tsk.......

Anyways Thanx Xander.

The rest of you: TEAR IT UP: I got tough skin. ;)

AdamAtomic
02-01-2006, 07:11 PM
GIMME THE GOODS!

Cram all your sexiest stuff into something that will fit easily onto a 1024x768 screen, so people can just click anywhere and see sexy models pop up. High-contrast text is very desirable too. I go through a new web design probably every 6 months or so, and my most recent one (http://adam.lastchancemedia.com/) has gotten by far the best responses from both prospective employers and other artists.

On your page, I am treated to some tiny text that blends in with the background, a mediocre banner, and half of another, smaller banner image on my first screen. That's a bad first impression! I shouldn't have to scroll down an entire screen just to see a couple of 3d models, and then scroll down another whole screen just to see some sketches! Gimme all of it all at once, I'm a big boy, I can handle it!

Don't feel too compelled to include a bio or anything like that - those are great for personal sites, but this is your portfolio. You want both artists, CEOs, and HR stooges to pop open your link and be like "WHOOAAA awesome!!". Right now its more like "hmm...well its green...." Let your art be your bio ;)

Good luck man - you have the content necessary to make a hot portfolio, you just need to present it in a more efficient, open, and exciting way. Get me jazzed about your models!

Wayne Adams
02-01-2006, 07:43 PM
HEEAARRRGGHHHHH!! Good crit! Hit me square in the chest! thanks Adam (Your website is very cool by the way) Hehehe So! Looks like my page is up for another redesign. I'll push some stuff around (reduce banners, shrink thumbs a bit, and get it to fit without scrolling. Domo Arigatoo again, Adam!

Logan779
02-04-2006, 02:01 PM
Just to reiterate what Adam Atomic said really, if you put your finished work all on the screen so it is easily viewed at 1024 x768 on initially loading the Site then you have your prospective viewers seeing your site without scrolling and looking as high impact as possible.

Maybe by adding a border and using the same "green" aesthetic that you have used on your borders for your work to bind everything to together in one frame may work.
I lobe your work tho :) and I hope thats fair comment.

carakong
02-04-2006, 02:49 PM
Heyoooooooooo, your "High Poly Blacksmith Shop" is really well styled and sculpted

That should be at the front! :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
02-04-2006, 02:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.