PDA

View Full Version : Character: Ida

URI::G
12-08-2002, 11:54 PM
I've worked on this in the wip-forum, so I'd like to thank for the help along the way, especially thanks to ckaos@om. :D
I would still like your c/c, though. Thanks!

http://w1.853.telia.com/~u85325141/idafp.jpg

loganx3d
12-09-2002, 02:25 AM
Very nice! A female model that's not white or asian, and she's actually wearing clothes!

Anyway, I like it. The textures on the clothes are coming along, though they could probably use more definition in terms of bump/spec maps. Also, her lower lip looks a little small... don't know if you're going off a model or not, though.

Also, her skin looks a bit splotchy around her cheeks.

ckaos@om
12-09-2002, 03:16 AM
heyya ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Glad you finished her !
The slightly stronger bump and the reduced "dirt" on her cheeks is waay better !
Congrats !
:applause:
thanks for the nice word aswell :) ( i'll ask for some c&c soon aswell..hint hint)

BiTMAP
12-09-2002, 04:41 AM
I thought this char was a lil boy (from the movie waterworld? ) but this looks like a girl...

URI::G
12-09-2002, 06:08 AM
loganx3d: glad you like it. you're right about the clothes, I could have payed more attention to it. There isn't much bump on it and not any specmaps at all :hmm: About the lips, well, I had a reference, but she was somewhat younger so I guess I could have made the lower lip bigger for this model. Thanks for your suggestions. :)

ckaos@om: thanks, I'll look out for your WIP :wip: :thumbsup:

BiTMAP: There is a little boy in that movie too? While I was working on her I was told by someone that she looked like the little girl from the movie. Yes, this is a girl. :)

HellRender: the ear is sticking out according to my references, but I don't know, maybe it looks weird :shrug: yes, the cornea's rather big (it was way bigger before) but I kinda like it this way.

Here's a another view btw

http://w1.853.telia.com/~u85325141/idafp2.jpg

E.Z. Schwartz
12-09-2002, 02:35 PM
It's good, but there's something weird about her mouth. It might just be the pose it's in here. If your lips are closed and you smile, that little v shape on your top lip will get streched out. I think that isn't happening here which makes it look strange. Could be something else though, but her mouth looks unnatural to me now.

Ezra

Remi
12-09-2002, 03:08 PM
Uri- I think it looks great....not to realistic and not to stylized....keep up the good work...you've definitly got your own style....:thumbsup: :applause: :surprised

jamihn
12-09-2002, 03:47 PM
i like the funky smirk on her face. And her hair is great. :buttrock:

BiTMAP
12-09-2002, 11:39 PM
actualy the hair seems to clean and smooth, and i don't see too much detail in some parts ... maybe bleach some of the strands??? otherwise it IS good... I thought the skin was odd but i saw a girl with exactly the same skin today on the busride to schooL!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.