PDA

View Full Version : what is this icon?

MosaFacku
01-31-2006, 02:16 AM
i'm having troubles finding what this icon means? i'm guessing it means that this parameter is connected some something, but i can't figure out how to find out what its connected to or how to kill the connection. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

goulei
01-31-2006, 02:55 AM
I'm use version 4

your xsi version 5 or 4.2...sorry I don't know..

alona
01-31-2006, 05:05 AM
See the XSI documentation under "General Tools for Animation" - "The Animation Icon":

"Red or green with a plug and a plus sign: the parameter is driven by an action clip as well as a function curve, expression, constraint, or scripted operator at the same time."

You should be able to see what's driving it in the schematic view, for example. You can also sever the connection there.

AA

MosaFacku
01-31-2006, 08:50 AM
sweet, thanks! i looked in the schematic view and the only connection showing up was to a completely unrelated object. if its connected to an action, it should show up in the mixer right? we've been having a lot of wierd things going on in xsi lately, so i'm not sure if this is one of those wierd circumstances when things are acting wierd or if i'm just looking in the wrong place.

CGTalk Moderation
01-31-2006, 08:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.