PDA

View Full Version : area lights and artefacts

rsquires
01-30-2006, 11:36 PM
I have a large spherical area light directly behind a camera illuminating a scene. In the scene is a logo with a sort of oval disc under it like a plinth. When viewed from the front it tends to foreshorten it. I have noticed some weird speckle like artefacts at the edge of this disc towards the back and was wondering how I get rid of them. Is there a way to up the rays of an area light. It doesn't have a shadow, so I can't fiddle with any of these settings. I am really looking for a quality setting. Also the scene is using geometry antialiasing

any ideas

Sorry but I can't post an image as I am away from my workstation

regards

rich

dann_stubbs
01-30-2006, 11:42 PM
I have a large spherical area light directly behind a camera illuminating a scene. In the scene is a logo with a sort of oval disc under it like a plinth. When viewed from the front it tends to foreshorten it. I have noticed some weird speckle like artefacts at the edge of this disc towards the back and was wondering how I get rid of them. Is there a way to up the rays of an area light. It doesn't have a shadow, so I can't fiddle with any of these settings. I am really looking for a quality setting. Also the scene is using geometry antialiasing

any ideas

Sorry but I can't post an image as I am away from my workstation

regards

rich

what sort of mapping are you using - i seem to remember reading MIP can make some noise or artifacting...

dann

rsquires
01-31-2006, 01:59 PM
hi Dann

I'll check. Can't be sure to be honest so I'll let you know

regards

rich

CGTalk Moderation
01-31-2006, 01:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.