PDA

View Full Version : SkeletonWorks...

stowaway0
01-30-2006, 09:24 PM
This is probably an easy one for you....

I've just recently downloaded the Alias bonuspack for Maya 6.5 for OSX and have been experiencing problems with the skeletonWorks plug-in.

Following the installation instructions makes everything appear to be fine UNTIL you go to CREATE skeleton. It gives me an error in script line 156 saying it could not find the skeleton file. I'm pretty sure the reason why is because the skeleton files are stored within individual folders for each type (human, animal, etc) and the script leaves out the "/" that should exist between the folder and the file.

For example: If the file is stored in "swLib0_Human/biped.skl" the script attempts to load "swLib0_Humanbiped.skl" andobviously fails.

I tried renaming the files with their folder name as a prefix and moving them into the main folder and that worked but it makes the SkeletonWorks interface really messy because in addition to having category icons you get all the individual files listed as blank icons.

Anyone have this problem or know the solution??

hijavines
01-31-2006, 08:57 AM
i'm not using a Mac so this may not be correct, but is your path correct in the options tab? it should just point to the /skeleton folder....

stowaway0
01-31-2006, 07:44 PM
i'm not using a Mac so this may not be correct, but is your path correct in the options tab? it should just point to the /skeleton folder....

Thanks. Yeah I checked that and even tried a few different things but none of them worked.

cgtriguy
02-01-2006, 03:50 PM
I have tried various workarounds for this script and ultimately gave up. There are a couple of threads about this on the Alias OS X board. I fianally decided building my own rigs made more sense.

CGTalk Moderation
02-01-2006, 03:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.