PDA

View Full Version : VRAY Color Mapping Question

monkeyhead
01-30-2006, 06:22 PM
Hi all.
Can someone help me with Color Mapping in Vray?
In a tutorial I saw how they changed the gradient value in the color mapping options in Vray, to lighten up the renders. My renders tend to be waaay too dark. Anyways, I was looking for that option in my color mapping tab, but its not there. Only "linear multiply", "exponential" and "HSV exponential". I am using Vray v 1.46.10

CupOWonton
01-30-2006, 10:41 PM
If you own vray or are using a demo, you should ask this question at the official Vray forum at ChaosGroup

MikeBracken
01-30-2006, 10:59 PM
You can change the dark multiplier to something larger than one. That will lighten up the darker areas ,and lighten the image. If you use Linear, the brighter parts of the render will sometimes look "blown out". Search the chaos group forums for info on saving images as HDRI. I usually use Exponential, but it depends on your preference.Hope this helps,
Mike

Syndicate
02-12-2006, 10:19 AM
First off HSV exponential is probably the best to use.. especially in very bright scenes.. linear is probably best in darker scene.

Now when you are ready to render.. you need to enable the "Vray Virtual Frame Buffer" which is basically like the 3ds scanline window which shows your render.. only it has a multitude of options.

Now when you scene has rendered you go to the little icon on bottom left side of the virtual frame buffer

It has all your curve controls for your scene.

I highly recommend buying the Gnomon Vray Interior DVD as Nicols shows you how to calibrate your curve settings so that your scenes always render correctly..

Happy vraying.

CGTalk Moderation
02-12-2006, 10:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.