PDA

View Full Version : Poll - what do you render in?

hitch
01-30-2006, 06:39 PM
Hi people,

I just want to find out about the popularity of different render engines. If there had already been such a poll, please give me a link to it. So, what do you mainly render in?

dbates
02-02-2006, 03:27 PM
Where's Yafray? Or Blender internal, for that matter! :)

jussing
02-02-2006, 03:47 PM
Max scanline. ;)

lazzhar
02-02-2006, 04:02 PM
Maya Software/Hardware and BMRT.

LOOK_AT_ME
02-02-2006, 08:25 PM
hey all i love rendering in mentalray ....i know there are other renderers that can give more amazing output by few setups like maxwell it is good i am not saying it is bad but do a render on that and wait for hours to see the result phew!!! i cant do that and besides u dont have much control like u have in renderers like mentalray and renderman. they rule and u can tune it how much ever u want provided u know how to use it ...reallly i use mr and i am happy with it even though it is messy to some extent but i like it get faster results more control ,,can play with and amazing effects it is all in one package ...but still this is my opinion ..thats all take care
Ankit

bahman
02-05-2006, 01:43 AM
Maya Software/Hardware and BMRT.

Maya internal renderers is fast & good for stills but in animation In some cases they act unstable (because of bugs). It's more better to render in Mray or Renderman & have a long time for see the result but You wont get unexpected results.

Samo
02-05-2006, 08:15 AM
Blender YaFRay

Syndicate
02-14-2006, 12:50 AM
Vray rulez.. Mental Ray needs to catch up :P

Jokes.. I think most people would render in Mental ray at the moment because it is packaged with Maya and Max.

Soon the world will be a slave to Vray :)

CGTalk Moderation
02-14-2006, 12:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.