PDA

View Full Version : Flash Forum Suggestion

bigbackcomics
01-30-2006, 01:17 AM
Hello gods (and goddesses) of cgtalk and fellow members..

I would like to suggest a new Flash forum for those of us who use Flash daily.

I understand from talking to a close friend that this was tried before...sort of and I would like to bring up the topic again.

Flash is being used by so many more of us now that it supports video. From demo reels to CG sites, to final renders of works, Flash is becoming a staple in the CG artist's tool box.

Anyway I could be just 1 artist who uses it and I might be really out to lunch so thats why I am asking :)

I would also offer to be a moderator on this new forum as I use flash professionally as a animation tool, a development tool and a video publisihng tool.

So fellow cgtalkers prove me right or wrong :) Lets see if anyone else would care to see a new Flash forum.

Cheers,

mummey
01-31-2006, 04:12 PM
Its been mentioned many times. Each time it being decided that there are much better places for Flash discussion out there already.

JoanOfArt
06-10-2006, 07:06 AM
If you actually think Flash is not an artist's program please visit:

http://www.flashforward.com

Many artists create quality, tasteful works in Flash for an audience with the same sensibilities as those who appreciate work made with Photoshop, Maya, XSI, or Illustrator. Flash is not only for websites.

Eventually the media in which Flash and highend applicaitons showcase their works will entirely merge. Flash will become both an authoring platform, similar to Maya, and a compositing package, similar to Shake. In addition to much more. At some point it will become odd that we even asked the question as to whether Flash should have a forum.

That we have a flash forum is unavoidable. It is just a matter of enabling it sooner rather than later. Flash enabled Portfolios would be extraordinary.

aLoneCuzzo
06-11-2006, 06:12 AM
Yeah i agree totally.

I think that Flash has become as credible an art medium as Photoshop or Painter.

There can be an Actionscript forum just like there's a MEL/C/other graphic languages here. Soon it will be a must-have, if not already.

leigh
06-11-2006, 04:04 PM
We had a Flash forum here for ages and eventually shut it down about two years ago because it was barely used.

bigbackcomics
06-11-2006, 05:13 PM
We had a Flash forum here for ages and eventually shut it down about two years ago because it was barely used.

Hey Leigh

How's it going? Long time no talk!. I knew of the old Flash forum by talking with a few Cgtalk mods that I know. I guess in my mind Flash has really developed into something more than it was a couple of years ago. Now, in addition to being a web animation/development tool, Flash is being used as a dedicated art/illustration tool, a cartoon broadcast animation tool and also as a video publishing tool. Flash is now more widely used by more CG/art types because of these new options. So I guess my motivation in starting a new Flash forum is to give Flash another chance now that it is much more than simply an intro animation/web tool.

As I said I have been working in Flash professionally for years and would gladly offer myself up as a mod if required.

Cheers,

aLoneCuzzo
06-11-2006, 05:22 PM
Oh wow, I didn't know that.

I still agree with bigback though. I just finished a class with Josh Davis... He's now the spokesman for BMW and is an illustrator that uses flash to generate his designs....

http://www.joshuadavis.com

There are many programming methods and illustration methods that we learned from him that would have a really good place here.

lfdesign
06-11-2006, 05:26 PM
I think the flash forum would be of great importance for a lot of artists around here!

It's such a great tool... You can do almost everything with it!!

Please mod's create the flash forum!

leigh
06-13-2006, 03:10 AM
Hey Jeremy, please email me about this. leigh at cgnetworks.com.

Ravmaster
07-01-2006, 11:15 AM
i use flash a lot and tend to get myself in some muddles too so it would be helpful to me and probably some other members to help get through actionscript problems and buggy stuff etc.

Fireburst
03-31-2007, 08:13 PM
I think the addition of a Flash forum would be of great benefit to many users. Flash has evolved (and continues to do so) over the past few years and it has become an important weapon in any artists arsenal. Many artist use it not only creatively but also as a tool to help promote themselves in an interactive way.

CGTalk Moderation
03-31-2007, 08:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.