PDA

View Full Version : Repost : Character : Mr Brown

Per-Anders
12-08-2002, 06:43 PM
Here he is. Just wanted something up close and personal. Don't know why he's mr brown, but he feels like some sort of underworld type character. Comments and crits welcome.

WIP Thread here : http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31204

Painter 7, Mac. Time approx 3hrs

http://www.peranders.com/c4d8/samples/jpg/mrbrown.jpg

Jeebus
12-11-2002, 12:18 AM
I just noticed that there's a sad lack of replies to your posts. I can't believe there aren't more.

I think this is a great picture. Keep up the good work!

JA-forreal
12-11-2002, 12:36 AM
Keep it coming!

JA-forreal

D. Phoenix
12-11-2002, 03:33 AM
Excellent work.
Very fine shading and overall quality.

-D. Phoenix
www.Phoenix-Archetypes.com

slime
12-11-2002, 03:40 AM
Brilliant work! :buttrock:

Regards!

Daniel.

tubby
12-11-2002, 03:51 AM
wow that looks great! I really like your detail in the skin shading.i really love the style of your work!:)

Per-Anders
12-11-2002, 05:04 AM
Woot! My first rating and stars! :) Thanks guys, i'm glad you like it, I'm well chuffed now :D there's such a glut of great talent here it's kinda intimidating to post!

i'm still relearning how to draw and at the same time I'm learning how to use Painter. I figure with any luck I can only get better with lots more practice.. then once i've got my drawing back up to speed together with learning all this 3d business (and once I've got my website remodelled and finished) I should be able to hunt around and get some more work in the Bay area, having only just moved here recently... found some work so far doing 3d stuff in c4d, but if anyone needs a graphic artist, 3d chappie, flash actionscript kinda guy etc then feel free to mail/phone me (details on website... and i'm busy trying to make contacts in the bay area).

anyhow, thanks again everyone... gives me the confidence to keep going and work on new stuff... i may even show 3d work in here sometime :) *feels all warm inside now*

JeremyW
12-11-2002, 08:20 AM
That really is very nice.
Someone give this fella some work!
(uhh...if s/he is a fella)

anticz
12-11-2002, 07:07 PM
Looks great but,... I don't look anything like that and I'm not an unerworld type character. At least the last time I looked into it I wasn't. :)

noorlander
12-11-2002, 10:01 PM
Great work :beer:

did you use a photo for reference or is it just hand made?

Per-Anders
12-11-2002, 10:20 PM
lol actually anticz posed for me.. j/k it's ok anticz this is another completely different mr brown striaght out of my head, any similarities to persons or situtaions real is purely coincidental ;)

thanks norlander, but no this is out of my head, no reference photographic or otherwise... not even a mirror (as if it wasn't obvoius). just learning, learning, learning. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.