PDA

View Full Version : Figure Drawing>>>portfolio piece

ambassador
12-23-2001, 12:31 PM
finally decided to scan in my drawing portfolio pieces...there pretty big, so i put each image together in about 2-3 scans.

this piece shows my process of drawing a figure...which is going straight to the clean details, and not building up the figure in layers (i.e. start with proportions , then lay in shadow forms, detail, then highlights)..boring ;) . and of coarse when i am finished with the figure i add some type of costume or scene :D

http://www.lwg3d.org/files/1009123233.jpg

j e e v
12-23-2001, 11:18 PM
Good drawing of the highlights. You have nicely applied the concepts of 3D into that, 'speculation', 'bump mapping', etc ;) but what about the proportions? The right hand looks a bit abnormal. The size of the head is bigger ( the length of the body should be approximately seven or eight times the head)

Khar_Negt
12-24-2001, 04:27 AM
How do you achieve this look? Carbon pencil?? Look cool... (but dirty... hey hey, I like that :)

wolf
12-24-2001, 01:42 PM
Like it. The body proportions ainīt normal, but that isīnt what you wanīt, right ?

ambassador
12-27-2001, 01:11 PM
thanks all,

Jeeve, this is a REAL liFE drawing, your thinking of the "by the books figure"...but in real life its not like that, because if it was we all would be seven and a half heads tall. the model that i was drawing had a fairly long torso as you can see.

look at "dany devito" and "arnold swartsineger" in the movie TWINS...do they have perfect proportions ;)

khar, i used a vine charcoal wash, and then a charcoal pencil for the figure one newsprint paper

Khar_Negt
12-27-2001, 01:22 PM
Thanks ambassador :) I think I will give a try when i'm back to school :)

cerreto
12-27-2001, 09:17 PM
hey thats sharp ambassador , i like the way the paper itself actually looks ! and the figure is great looks davanci ish ,btw what is your avatar ?

Imaginary Boy
12-28-2001, 01:32 PM
Good drawing, but the legs are a little short, doesn't fit the body properly.

Godinst1
12-29-2001, 11:43 AM
Nice work your problem is you tried to fit it all on the page and that made the legs too short

Other than that nice work

parallax
12-30-2001, 10:32 AM
nice shading.

ambassador
12-30-2001, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Godinst1
Nice work your problem is you tried to fit it all on the page and that made the legs too short

Other than that nice work

actually your wrong, the actual page size is larger than what you see, i croped it to post on the web, and the proportions are correct, this is a "real life drawing" not your "by the books figure" as i have said above...in THE REAL WORLD everyone is not 7 1/2 heads tall:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.