PDA

View Full Version : new website, new milk ads, new short film...

Ruairi_Robinson
01-29-2006, 06:46 AM
Hello, for anyone that might be interested, I have a new website up and running

www.ruairirobinson.com (http://www.ruairirobinson.com/)

It has recent work, including a Thorntons commercial I directed in The Mill in London,

http://www.ruairirobinson.com/thorntons.htm

http://www.ruairirobinson.com/thorntons/thortons_wife_640.jpg

As well as stills and a teaser for my new short film I'm working on. It's my first live action short (shot on 35mm anamorphic), and I was lucky enough to get Cillian Murphy from 28 days later/Batman Begins/Breakfast on Pluto to co-star in it.

http://www.ruairirobinson.com/the_leveller.htm

http://www.ruairirobinson.com/the_leveller/leveller_crop.jpg
http://www.ruairirobinson.com/the_leveller/cillian_640.jpg
http://www.ruairirobinson.com/the_leveller/corpse_640.jpg

Anyway hope this is of interest to somebody...

If anyone has seen the Milk Commercials I directed for DDB Canada, there are 3 more milk ads I will be uploading to my site in a few days time as soon as the spots are aired on TV (Feb 6th)

SheepFactory
01-29-2006, 07:07 AM
That looks great Ruari

I remember seeing some storyboards for the new short film , (If thats indeed the one you are making right now) , back around 3d festival , thought it was gonna be all cg but live action definitely seems better suited and the quality looks phenomenal. Is it shot on 35mm? Cant wait to see it.

EricLyman
01-29-2006, 06:16 PM
I really enjoyed the milk ads. I'm glad to see your getting some recognition!

Jaycee77
01-29-2006, 06:41 PM
Great stuff there, I am looking forward to seeing alot more here.

Ruairi_Robinson
01-30-2006, 06:20 PM
That looks great Ruari

I remember seeing some storyboards for the new short film , (If thats indeed the one you are making right now) , back around 3d festival , thought it was gonna be all cg but live action definitely seems better suited and the quality looks phenomenal. Is it shot on 35mm? Cant wait to see it.

really? I don't recall posting them online anywhere! anyway, yeah it's shot on 35mm, managed to do it pretty cheap...

Cheers,
R.

ashrumm
01-30-2006, 07:43 PM
I really enjoyed your work! You have a very austere characteristics to your work, keep it up! Your characters really feel alive, 50 percent Grey was awesome, along with the milk adds. I am also glad you're getting recognition. Keep us posted on the leveler. Keep it up Rauri, yes the quality of the leveler looks great.

Ruairi_Robinson
02-01-2006, 12:02 AM
I really enjoyed your work! You have a very austere characteristics to your work, keep it up! Your characters really feel alive, 50 percent Grey was awesome, along with the milk adds. I am also glad you're getting recognition. Keep us posted on the leveler. Keep it up Rauri, yes the quality of the leveler looks great.

cheers, well there's a lot more work to do on it, and I'm not getting much time to do it!

leigh
02-01-2006, 12:10 AM
Please don't post threads for personal websites in the General Discussions forum. Since your site has some new animation on it, I am moving this to the Animation forum instead. Please feel free to submit some of your still images to the 3D Finished Work gallery as well, if you so wish.

[edit]
I see your work is live action (I assumed it was animation, considering animation work you've done in the past), in which case I am not sure where to move this thread to. If you have a specific forum you'd like me to move this to, please let me know.

Ruairi_Robinson
02-02-2006, 07:38 AM
Please don't post threads for personal websites in the General Discussions forum. Since your site has some new animation on it, I am moving this to the Animation forum instead. Please feel free to submit some of your still images to the 3D Finished Work gallery as well, if you so wish.

[edit]
I see your work is live action (I assumed it was animation, considering animation work you've done in the past), in which case I am not sure where to move this thread to. If you have a specific forum you'd like me to move this to, please let me know.

Hey, the live action short has CG in most of the shots, so I guess it's sort of... both... Since I don't do any actual animation myself, it just wouldn't have occured to me to put it in the animation forum, (and it's not finished either, so not sure about putting it in the finished work section) so I think general discussions is probably the best place to put it... I think...

nataz
02-02-2006, 08:02 AM
Really awsome,

i've been interested in your work since '50%', your stuff just rocks!

Would it be possible to see some of your wires? You know we cgtalkers nerds are longing for some technical making of stuff ;)

Keep up!

ragdoll
02-02-2006, 02:57 PM
i liked the choclate/turkey animation...
everything was spot on toony! :thumbsup:

-rj

OneSharpMarble
02-02-2006, 05:15 PM
Some amazing work on your site good job. That guy ranting and raving about you has a hell of a sense of humor. :D

BTW when is your next venture out into the real world? I was thinking of beating you up but I missed last months excursion. :(

Riash
02-02-2006, 09:45 PM
Hey Ruairi, really cool stuff man. Can I just call you wuawee? :twisted: It's easier.

I'm a big fan of the Mill. You wouldn't happen to know anyone here in their New York branch would you? Richard DeCarteret? Marc Brewster? Incidentally I managed to snag Marc from the Mill, NY to do the voices for my very first student short film.
You spent quite some time on those credits in your first film I see. I actually tried to read the disclaimer:surprised I remember seeing the Thorntons commercial - real quality stuff. Very nicely directed.

How long is The Leveller going to be? looking really good. Good luck with the project and hope it's a big success man.

Cheers :beer:
- Riash Shahnawaz.

Ruairi_Robinson
02-02-2006, 11:15 PM
Hey Ruairi, really cool stuff man. Can I just call you wuawee? :twisted: It's easier.

I'm a big fan of the Mill. You wouldn't happen to know anyone here in their New York branch would you? Richard DeCarteret? Marc Brewster? Incidentally I managed to snag Marc from the Mill, NY to do the voices for my very first student short film.
You spent quite some time on those credits in your first film I see. I actually tried to read the disclaimer:surprised I remember seeing the Thorntons commercial - real quality stuff. Very nicely directed.

How long is The Leveller going to be? looking really good. Good luck with the project and hope it's a big success man.

Cheers :beer:
- Riash Shahnawaz.

wait a cotton pickin' moment... where did you get that name from? now I'm creeped out... See this is why you should never meet up with anyone that's contacted you over the internet...

I don't know the guys in The Mill NY, but I actually pitched on a commercial to do with The Mill NY, and I think I did a pretty good pitch, but it went elsewhere. Meh. Shit happens.

The Leveller is going to be approx 10 minutes if I ever get to finish the thing... Whats embarassing is that Cillian Murphy has been in 3 films that have come and gone since I shot my short film...

red-cube
02-04-2006, 12:10 AM
Rawree is my special friend

CGTalk Moderation
02-04-2006, 12:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.