PDA

View Full Version : Interested in starting a new LA user group?

Vizfizz
01-29-2006, 02:35 AM
I've been mulling this over for the past couple of months, and I'd like to see if anyone in the LA / Southern California area would be interested in starting up a new EI user group.
Let me hear from you.

NorthernLights
01-29-2006, 05:08 PM
Ah, that makes me pine for the early days of 3D and EI when users groups were unheard of and Rand Worrell had the first up and running at AFI. I can still recall seeing a new version of EI for the first time and not being able to sleep salivating over all the new features. Ah, back when SIGGraph was in its heyday. In the days of the Old Republic...before the Empire (aka Autodesk).

Vizfizz
01-29-2006, 05:49 PM
LOL.. That put a smile on my face. I think its time for a new EI user group to form. I think its part of a healthy community. Funny thing is, users today seem rather "independant" compaired to the old days. Maybe its because 3D is less of a "black art" and information about computers and animation is so wide spread nowadays. Oh well, I don't care. I wanna try and start this up anyway.

Speaking of old times Blair, I saw a couple of images of you and several other wide eyed, young looking EI users on the old Image Electric disks... heh heh... maybe I should post those pictures on here..

halfworld
01-30-2006, 06:55 PM
Blair, I like your analogy :)

Brian, yeah you should!

Ian

RBahn
02-01-2006, 06:08 PM
Count me in. With my current schedule I'm not sure how much I would be able to contribute/participate, but I would certainly be willing to try.

Vizfizz
02-02-2006, 01:56 AM
Count me in. With my current schedule I'm not sure how much I would be able to contribute/participate, but I would certainly be willing to try.

Great!

I have a few minor things to accomplish at work first, but creating a new EI user group in LA is high up on the priority list..

1. My company.
2. Conquer the known 3D software universe.
3. Start new LA EIAS user group.

Vizfizz
02-09-2006, 04:09 PM
Anyone up for an informal planning meeting / dinner? (In Los Angeles) Taking suggestions. I'm not due to head out to Montreal until the 15th of March. We could get together before then and start formulating ideas over some food and drinks.

RBahn
02-16-2006, 01:44 AM
My only recommendation would be to try to keep it on the West Side. I hate traffic :)

Vizfizz
02-16-2006, 01:50 AM
Hey I'm fine with that. I live on the west side. :)

Vizfizz
03-07-2006, 07:38 PM
Ok.. I'm thinking some kind of get together / planning dinner. How does next Monday or Tuesday (March 13th or 14th) night sound? (8 oclock ish?) We can slam down a few beers, have a bite to eat, and discuss all things EI.

NorthernLights
03-08-2006, 03:35 PM
I might actually be in town for that.

Vizfizz
03-08-2006, 04:10 PM
Which night works best? Monday or Tuesday?

CGTalk Moderation
03-08-2006, 04:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.