PDA

View Full Version : Duplication Problem Bug?

-/\-Scott-M-C4D-/\-
01-28-2006, 07:28 PM
Hi , i am trying to duplicate an object which i can do but when i want to return to the viewport i get a round NO-Entry sign on my cursor. Why is this?

Gunter
01-28-2006, 07:38 PM
Have a look into AM after duplicating :)

Gunter

-/\-Scott-M-C4D-/\-
01-28-2006, 08:31 PM
AM? Seems to have got it back to normal though somehow.

Gunter
01-28-2006, 10:43 PM
thatīs the mystery about Cinema. . .makes "bugs" vanish by self-healing :argh:

3DKiwi
01-28-2006, 10:58 PM
You get the round symbol because C4D thinks that you still want to use the duplicate tool. Either change to another tool or press the space bar to toggle to the previous tool.

3DKiwi

mikeh64
01-28-2006, 11:02 PM
actually I don't think this is a bug...

what is happening is that you have chosen a tool (duplicate)

the various duplicate functions and settings is controlled in the AM (attribute manager)

until you choose another tool, the duplicate tool is in control via the AM (this is why you are getting the "no" symbol on the viewport) - C4D won't let you do something while you are in the middle of something else

just choose another tool, and C4D lets you have control back from the AM

JIII
01-28-2006, 11:26 PM
If the tool isn't interactive, and usable by clicking in the viewport, i.e extruding, Cinema will give you that symbol. Previous versions of Cinema did not have this. Also remember there is that "transform again" button, rather than the old AM where all you had to do was click "extrude" or whatnot again.

-John

CGTalk Moderation
01-28-2006, 11:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.