PDA

View Full Version : BabyDay-WIP fake Global Ilum

augustos
03-01-2002, 09:17 PM
This is an old image, that I did time ago, My test was trying to simulate GI, only with point lights, materials and glows.....all done in Maya 3.0 (only 6 lights in the scene), also the fake caustic is a shadow texture.
Know I'm thinking to do an animation.......what you sujest..?

Thanks....

http://www.agus-3d.com/WIP/Babyday2.jpg

rsalonen
03-01-2002, 10:13 PM
Man I love this one, it looks so alive. You did a great way in faking GI. :)

BTW, how did you do to fake it, got any tips? I'm also using Maya and I'm very new to it. Would be fun to know how you did it :)

An animation of this would be great, I'd love to see it ;)

Once again, great work!

ambassador
03-01-2002, 10:18 PM
I dont think you should label it as fake GI, just call it good lighting.

;)

augustos
03-01-2002, 10:28 PM
..Is true ambassador....is a mix of GI and Artist Lighting.....
Im changing My web page, for the next month I will put materials, Mels and tutotials to download...

Thanks...

violenza
03-01-2002, 10:35 PM
Great render. I love the blur and the subtle things like the purple caustic on the desk - is it also on the floor? There is a colored spot on the floor to the left of the chair - nice touch.

The only thing that i would maybe change is the sharp areas of fur on the bear - they seem to contradict the rest of the shot - even a half pixel blur over the sharper areas would bring it together.....

...then again what do I know. It is amazing! :D

Silmarillion
03-01-2002, 10:56 PM
very nice lightening , i guess it could be better if you make the baby abit more fat ....

Lyr
03-01-2002, 11:46 PM
Damn nice work! Really love it.

Like it was said before, I would not say you are "faking" GI any more or less than the guy using Brazil, Lightwave, Final render or any one of the other numerous machine controlled "solutions". However unlike the machine controlled "solutions" you have a real element of artistic control with your GI.

augustos
03-04-2002, 10:23 PM
....is true.....thanks....

Ls3D
03-05-2002, 12:47 AM
Hola augusto,

Nice work, pretty soft render, and...

I find the right side of the wall a bit hot - I would like to see more falloff to darker values and a less self illuminated look bewtween the chair rungs.

Also seems like the left side of that wall, where it is receiving sun light would tint the scene a bit more in the teal color range and produce stronger diffuse shadows near the floor (easy with directional light types).

Maybe you will play with some additional light types?

Great job - many animated possibilites - my only suggestion there is to try and write a good short story with boards before any serious keyframming. That bear is sweet!

-Shea
www.Ls3D.com

LichiMan
03-05-2002, 02:59 AM
WOW!! GREAT FAKE!!
It's awesome... ONLY 6 LIGHTS??? WOW!!!!!!!
REALLY AWESOME!!
How many time take the render?
5 STARS :D

augustos
03-05-2002, 03:21 AM
Gracias Lichiman, la imagen esta rendereada en varios Layers, pero el tiempo aproximado de cada layer es de 10 a 15 minutos.

......Vivo en EE.UU, pero soy Argentino...

LichiMan
03-05-2002, 03:34 AM
Gracias por contestar tan pronto.
Pues la verdad es que tarda poco comparado con GI y encima me gusta mas el look que le has puesto que el que queda con GI.
Ya me gustaría a mi iluminar así :D
Espero ver más pronto.
Saludos desde España :D

FIREDD
03-05-2002, 11:23 AM
beautiful light!!
:)

augustos
03-06-2002, 01:11 AM
Thanks FIREDD...

Daxx
03-07-2002, 09:22 PM
amazing!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.