PDA

View Full Version : Question In Rendering & Editing

vikigrafx
01-28-2006, 05:59 AM
Hi Friends

I got a project where i need to add some 3d graphics to a video footage. After completion of that project client wants to broadcast that footage through air. For that i am getting digital beta footage. I am going to convert into DVD format to work on my computer.After completeion of adding 3d graphics in that footage i need to convert that again into digital beta for the client.

My question is while rendering the 3d graphics what are the stepsto be taken... like, what is the rendeing size( like 800x600, 640x480.) to be taken,what could be the output format( i know .TGA is best, is there any other best than this), What could be the pixel and image aspect.... apart from them, shall i need to follow any other methods? Shall i need to check the "Render to fields" option in render output dialogue while rendering?

And also while doing post production work which software is best in terms of quality output ( i want to loss less resolution as much as possible as i want this footage to be broadcast.)

Thanks in Advace

Ian Jones
01-28-2006, 07:44 AM
In Indonesia what television standards do you use? I'm guessing PAL... but you should ask your local tv stations for specific advice for a really accurate answer. They should be able to give you some help in general. This should clear up your question about rendering size and whether to render with fields or not.

Studev
01-28-2006, 05:33 PM
delete - repeat post

Studev
01-28-2006, 05:35 PM
vikigrafx,

Indonesia is using PAL, 720 x 576 with pixel aspect ratio 1.333. All using Digibeta or SP for broadcast standard.

I suggest you instead of using field, try with motion blur instead if u have the time. TV station doesn't really care if u have field or not. but make sure ur audio level is set properly during recording to beta tape.

U may try to render out straight to .mov with animation codec output instead of TGA, although it's not recomended. It always better if u output it to TGA first then only convert it to whatever format u desire, afterall TGA is lossless.

Depending on ur editing software and ur hardware output. Most is uncompressed 8 bit or 10 bit. Again, u have the check ur software urself to make sure which is the best for this case.

What i don't understand is, what do u mean by converting to DVD format ? u mean MPEG 2 ? If u convert it to mpeg 2, your footage will lost quality. Why not avi or mov with the proper codec ?

Lastly, i think u post it on the wrong forum, this should be on editing forum instead.

vikigrafx
01-30-2006, 05:12 AM
Thanks for your replies. I want this work to done for canadian client. They use NTSC format. Sorry i didnt mention this. If possible, can u let me know which codecs are best (less compressed) while we render in animation formats like avi or mov.

thanks

CGTalk Moderation
01-30-2006, 05:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.