PDA

View Full Version : my first post: my w.i.p's (first look)

grim_design
01-27-2006, 03:28 PM
i'm really new to the world of 3d animation. i recently found it and it really interests me. over the last 4 or 5 months i've been experimenting with it using 3dmax and zbrush2. ran into some problems right in the begining though because i lost my internet connection until just recently so i couldn't follow any tutorials or communicate on forums. luckily about a month ago i managed to get the zbrush practical manual from a friend and i've worked thru some of that. i've made an online portfolio of some of my work, unfortunetly its all work in progress because my pcs a bit slow and can't handle the higher detail levels even when i start hiding things.. oh well, i'd like it if you'd take a look anyway and tell me what you think for a couple months worth of experimental design.. the link is http://www.geocities.com/necorium
there is also a link there to a side project i'm making with my DS with which i'm hoping to learn basic animation skillz too. its pretty dark and twisted. its a spooky ghost rave (boo style) where mario gets tortured and murdered. i made the tunes (well still making) on my nintendo DS with a GBA cartridge and you can download the song from there too.. so give a look and a listen and tell me what you think :) this forum looks cool ... hi

Voron
01-27-2006, 06:03 PM
These are nice. The proportions seem a little off to me though even for monsters. You may want to make some drafts of each monster before going into detail with Zbrush. Try to see what feels right to you.
I like the concepts. And by the way, I love your textures. They show great potential.

CGTalk Moderation
01-27-2006, 06:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.