PDA

View Full Version : Atom Bomb Explosion animation

Dark Sword
01-27-2006, 07:58 AM
Hi, im new but i think you will like this, it to me along time to figure out how to make a atomic bomb explosion animation but here it is :D

Creature
01-28-2006, 01:46 PM
The shape and movement of the mushroom cloud looks quite good. I can't really tell about the shading because the compression of this video file is kinda bad. You don't have to press it into some 100kb file. Most of us here can download a few Mb without trouble.

The camera shake in the beginning is waaaay overdone. Tone it down and do more position-shaking than rotation-shaking and it will improve.

Also try to composite onto an image of a canyon or something and don't just use a black plane as ground. You can also try to incorporate dust beeing blown away when using it on a canyon backplate.

Dark Sword
01-31-2006, 04:15 AM
The shape and movement of the mushroom cloud looks quite good. I can't really tell about the shading because the compression of this video file is kinda bad. You don't have to press it into some 100kb file. Most of us here can download a few Mb without trouble.

The camera shake in the beginning is waaaay overdone. Tone it down and do more position-shaking than rotation-shaking and it will improve.

Also try to composite onto an image of a canyon or something and don't just use a black plane as ground. You can also try to incorporate dust beeing blown away when using it on a canyon backplate. yeah well i could only put up a 260 kb file here, and i dont like rapid share :P and even in the .zip it was to big so i had to re compress it

xcvbnm
01-31-2006, 07:17 AM
Looks like a good start.
It lacks a shock wave and is too fast for the scale.

CGTalk Moderation
01-31-2006, 07:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.