PDA

View Full Version : still: roots

artificial3D
12-08-2002, 01:44 PM
hi,
due to some kind of blackout last month and i had absolutely no ideas... :insane:
this is my first real image after my art crisis.
hope you like it...

http://mysite.iptic.com/artificial3d/images/blender/roots.jpg

it's modeled and rendered in blender.
what do you think?
.andy

roarty
12-08-2002, 02:15 PM
The render is well done. Nice use of lights and fog. perhaps higher contrast and not quite as foggy.

The textures could use some work. perhaps some more contrast and overall quality of it. I think you might have rushed the textures a little bit.

The roots seem to be a bit flat, perhaps adding some volume and a bump map would bring it out more.

I really like this,

Just work on it some more and repost.

Has a resident evil look to it.
I like,

Clondike7
12-08-2002, 10:44 PM
I like the fog and the lighting a lot.
However, I think u desperatly need to put a bump map on those roots, and make them slightly rougher too.

not much else to crit:hmm:

GREAT PIC
:beer: :applause: :beer:

colt
12-09-2002, 09:53 AM
Very cool atmosphere, especially the lighting is very nice. :)

But those roots ... I agree to the above, they just look sqashed.

What's hiding there behind the tub in the shadows?

Khannalxy'tys
12-09-2002, 10:16 AM
As a Resident evil(1 and code veronica to be more specifically as i dind't quite like 2 and 3.) total worshiper i must say.. HAVE to see what's in that bathtub! and yeah the roots like kinda flat really..

and the bricks on the wall (iknow... rocks) give me the feeling of being too geometrically perfect.. add some rough parts.. cracks .. etc..

Wharthog
12-09-2002, 10:22 AM
Cool image......Great atmosphere !!!:thumbsup: .

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.