PDA

View Full Version : okkio- animation reel

okkio
01-27-2006, 02:58 AM
Hi guys,

This reel is out of date, and a bit too long (4 min) though it has most of my spider-man animation on it, which a few people have been trying to download from another thread (I've since taken it off the web)

I kept it long as I wasn't using it to get work, more to catologue what I was working on at that time in my career. More of a personal thing.

The work is a mix of personal animation, some game stuff (hitman 3 cinematic) and a kids film I worked on a while ago.

enjoy

http://timgolsby.com/animation/tim-golsby_reel_2005.wmv

power-3d
01-27-2006, 04:26 AM
amazing work really .... but

why spider-man just playaround is no crime in ths city:rolleyes:

...about hand animated did yo do any tutorial about biped or character animation ?

okkio
01-27-2006, 04:30 AM
animated spidey like that cause it was fun... If I was spider-man it's what I'd do in my free time... I may team him up against another character at some point though...

No tutorials. I was going to give a breakdown on how I put it all together, though I just don't have the time.

Thanks for the reply
:)

DREAMER2010
01-28-2006, 09:10 AM
my only wish for the week is to seeing your master piece
i was watchung your wip thread since 1 year from now
the problen here is that the link you put is not working
so can you put a new link please :)
really amazed by your work

HenningK
01-29-2006, 07:00 PM
Neats.
Really nice reel with impressive, challenging motion. A bit long perhaps.
It seems throughout that you have just the tiniest problem with weight. On a few of Spidey's tumbles and leaps it doesn't seem like he's falling down hard enough or pushing off quite hard enough against his own weight. And the large man, also, should be less floaty and more grounded. The Peter Cottontail stuff I have no problem with since its very stylized.
I think the juxtaposition of these three main portions of your reel is briliant. Three very different characters, three very different types of motion.
Nice work.
love,hen

DB5BOND
02-26-2006, 06:45 PM
Hey Tim,

Really nice work - I like the final Spider man animation i remember seeing that from the start of production, its come on really well.

Great work :thumbsup:

-Chris

NickWhitmire
02-27-2006, 05:07 AM
Really really nice.......obviously. Just awesome animation. Hopefully one day I will become that good. Keep it up and keep showing it off.

Nick Whitmire-animator
http://www.nickwhitmire.com

okkio
02-27-2006, 08:27 PM
thanks guys. Most of the work on this is pretty old now... I'm in the middle of cutting together a new reel, though unfortunately it has work that I'm not allowed to post until the various projects are released :(

thanks again.

CGTalk Moderation
02-27-2006, 08:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.