PDA

View Full Version : NEW to the DSF! THE DAILY DOODLES!

RobertoOrtiz
01-27-2006, 02:26 AM
ON HOLD!
see discussion thread below!

Ok we will start an experiment in the Daily Sketch Forum.
Inspired by this thread:
DAILY DOODLES: Captainboom Head in the clouds(Daily Doodles) (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=312830)

You will be able to post your very OWN thread at the Daily Sketch Forum.
The idea is for you to post daily a doodle.
It can be a simple dooble or it can be a full blown painitng.

These are the rules:
* post a Thread on the DAILY SKETCH
* Post only your FINAL piece on this thread
* RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 800 x 600
* They can be done on any medium.
* If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.
* Only original compositions. No "tributes" or plagiarizing, unless is it an integral part of the challenge.
* NO PAINTOVERS, unless specifically requested. Inspiration can be taken from photos, but not direct copies.
* The artist also has to post total length of time it took and program used.
* Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.

Good luck

-Roberto

Sagii
01-27-2006, 07:23 AM
So everyone can have their own daily doodles thread in the DSG section? I wonder if it would get too confusing But hey its an experiment and it might become something cool. So lets see what happens. :D

Edit: Others have mentioned this.. doodles could also be in the WIP page.. many people already have their own page there. Unless its a subfroum (separate section of the DSG) I would rather not have the doodles in the same place as the Daily Topics.

Drone2222
01-27-2006, 10:22 AM
I've got a Q: Do all of the sketches have to be on one topic? I don't think so, but rule 2 makes it sound like they do....

Mu
01-27-2006, 10:57 AM
I think Roberto just copypasted the rules for the daily sketch group into this post.

I bet you can come up with whatever you want to...

aelwine
01-27-2006, 11:14 AM
hmm... wouldn't that make somthing a bit too similar with the WIP personal threads in the WIP-2D section ?
moreover this forum is setup to be in chronological order, meaning that, for instance if I posted a daily doodle thread today, in about 2 weeks it would be on page 2 implying that even if I posted something in it most people wouldn't notice it.
And if everyone started to post threads like that wouldn't that make the official DSG topics harder to find ?
the idea sounds nice though, but I wonder if it wouldn't be more appropriated for either a new section or just a derivation of the WIP threads everyone seems to post already.

Mu
01-27-2006, 12:41 PM
moreover this forum is setup to be in chronological order, meaning that, for instance if I posted a daily doodle thread today, in about 2 weeks it would be on page 2 implying that even if I posted something in it most people wouldn't notice it.

AFAIK, the sorting order of a particular forum is a matter of customized configuration.

RobertoOrtiz
01-27-2006, 12:52 PM
hmm... wouldn't that make somthing a bit too similar with the WIP personal threads in the WIP-2D section ?
And if everyone started to post threads like that wouldn't that make the official DSG topics harder to find ?
the idea sounds nice though, but I wonder if it wouldn't be more appropriated for either a new section or just a derivation of the WIP threads everyone seems to post already.

My bad.

Please all reread the rules.

Vahn
01-27-2006, 12:54 PM
I like the idea ..altough the main 2d wip forum offers that possibility alrdy

i agree with aelwine that it would be more useful in its own sub-area :)

RobertoOrtiz
01-27-2006, 12:59 PM

OK Ill do a formal request for it today.

-R

Mu
01-27-2006, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahn

OK Ill do a formal request for it today.

will this lead to Sketch-threads in the WIP-section to be moved in the possibly newly created subforum? Will bookmarks stay correct?

Also, what will be the difference between WIP2D-sketchthreads and DSG-sketchthreads of individuals? (Given the fact that daily doodles will be a resolution that might not carry on forever, which will render the differences in purpose between the two kinds of sketchthreads rather theoretical)...?

RobertoOrtiz
01-27-2006, 03:12 PM
Good points,

Anyone else?

-R

Overchord
01-27-2006, 03:18 PM
I'd agree that it would be better to stick thse threads in a sub-category or the main WIP area to maintain the chronology and overview of the DSG-threads (no fun if you have to go to page 3 of threads to find the daily topic).

Personally i'll stick to the DSG because i enjoy the variation in topics and forcing myself to draw various topics that i probably never would have selected myself :D

crazy3dman
01-27-2006, 04:35 PM
I like this idea a lot. Although I guess it would work better if it had it's own sub category. The 2dWIP section always seemd to me like that was the place to show continuing progress on one piece. It would be nice if there was a separate "sketchbook" section.

So can we go ahead and post a daily doodles thread now and let you move it to where ever it ends up needing to be? Or should we wait until it's final home is determined?

Sneakybunny
01-30-2006, 07:56 PM
I totally agree with crazy3dman.
To be honest i've spent days and nights going and reading through CG Talk, plus other fourms. Only to find out it is so much easier it just hang out in DSG. So im totally keen for the idea of a ''sketchbook'' thread in Daily sketch, where you can post doodles. Beacause i doodle all day between rendertimes and well never really get motivated to finish them to a post. But if this idea gets green lighted by the man then i might post a bit more offen (in the doodles).

PS Roberto i really love how you aways thinking up fun stuff.:thumbsup: heres too you mate.

CGTalk Moderation
01-30-2006, 07:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.