PDA

View Full Version : lighting

LuckyDevil
01-27-2006, 12:15 AM
hi, ive been trying to look for lighting tutorials on rendering movie like quality, but without using final gathering or global illumination. sort of softaware render i guess.

was wondering if anyone knows of any good lighting/rendering tutorial like this?

Ministry
01-27-2006, 02:50 AM
hey
rendering with gi is a time consuming. so better look for creating artificial illumination using area lights where u think light can bounce. do not cast shadows for that . . ray tracing also increases the time of render. Try to create a sky light with 3 filter size and 250 as depth map shadow. . try covering the sky with many spot lights with the color blue. and the shadow a little darker with blue tint. u can achieve as good as mental ray render. This is what i do. because in production time is always a issue. Rendering it cheaper is the only way and the best way

all the best

Andrew W
01-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Perhaps this (http://www.andrew-whitehurst.net/fx_light.html) might be of a little use? I wrote it quite a while ago but it's mostly still valid.

Good luck.

AW

LuckyDevil
02-01-2006, 04:33 AM
oh wow thx alot you two, thats exactly what i was looking for thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
02-01-2006, 04:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.