PDA

View Full Version : the Lattice has made a problem to the Aim constraint!!!

alredha
01-26-2006, 08:59 PM
hi everyone!

i've got a big problem during a tv spot production!, i created the setup of one cartoon character, his eyes aren't spherecal, so to rotate them without going through the face mesh, i applayed a lattice on them to keep thier shape, and those lattices are grouped and Parent-Constrained to the head bone, then the eyes are Aim-Constrained to a locator(the eyes follow thier target, it's ok!)......so til now everything is allright, but once i move the character, the eyes don't Aim its target anymore!!! somebody knows what's going on?

know that when i remove the lattice, the aim-constrain work very well.. so!!

gavin_hughes
01-26-2006, 09:38 PM
hi everyone!

i've got a big problem during a tv spot production!, i created the setup of one cartoon character, his eyes aren't spherecal, so to rotate them without going through the face mesh, i applayed a lattice on them to keep thier shape, and those lattices are grouped and Parent-Constrained to the head bone, then the eyes are Aim-Constrained to a locator(the eyes follow thier target, it's ok!)......so til now everything is allright, but once i move the character, the eyes don't Aim its target anymore!!! somebody knows what's going on?

know that when i remove the lattice, the aim-constraint work very well.. so!!

i think this may be happening because you use a parent "constrain"

try using only regular parenting.

alredha
01-28-2006, 02:28 PM
here is a scene exemple to make clear what i'm talking about

http://www.animagecorp.com/files/lattice_aimcontrain.mb

hijavines
02-01-2006, 08:52 AM
i think you may have to modify your parenting. Try this on your scene, create a locator, snap it to the center of an eye, parent this locator to the bone, then parent your lattice to this locator. Then have this locator aim contraint to your target locator. The eye doesn't have to be parented to anything. You may have to modify your aim vector (attribute editor->aim constraint attributes).

CGTalk Moderation
02-01-2006, 08:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.