PDA

View Full Version : Video games seen influencing music sales

RobertoOrtiz
01-26-2006, 07:17 PM
Quote:
"Music scout Tim Riley hopes to discover the next Fat Joe but has no intention of giving him a record deal. Riley finds the right Latino hip-hop sound something close to the platinum-selling rap star himself he'll sign the act straight away, for the third video game in the hit "True Crime" series.
"If everything lines up it's an amazing opportunity for an artist," he said. Riley has already helped launch several new groups in his job as worldwide music executive for U.S.-based game maker Activision Inc.

As consoles become ever more sophisticated, game budgets swell and record companies cut back their artist and repertoire departments, video gaming increasingly offers big breaks for musicians and, potentially, new revenue for labels."

>>LINK<< (http://www.yahoo.com/s/269509)
-R

PhilOsirus
01-26-2006, 08:48 PM
Meh, can't wait to see an end to the gangsters games. The sandbox concept GTA brought is great, it will get even better with online play, but I'm sick of the thugs games, who the hell buy these anyway? They never get good ratings anyway, they suck!

Wizdoc
01-26-2006, 09:32 PM
Poets of the Fall hit huge here in Finland after Max Payne 2.

I don't know if that's a general trend or anything, but it does seem that video games can have a lot of influence on a band's popularity.

mummey
01-26-2006, 09:43 PM
Video games influenced my habits. After hearing the tracks in Burnout: Takedown over-and-over again. I refuse to buy any music that contains those songs. :D

Kabab
01-27-2006, 01:19 AM
I must say ID doom/quake got me into NiN in a big way :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-27-2006, 01:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.