PDA

View Full Version : Draw Object Animation?

petteer
01-26-2006, 06:04 PM
Hi,
How to do this "effect" in After Effects? A know how to animate its stroke but I'm clueless how to animate object appearence? This sample is frame-by-frame animation made in Flash...

Mylenium
01-26-2006, 06:34 PM
Hi,
How to do this "effect" in After Effects? A know how to animate its stroke but I'm clueless how to animate object appearence? This sample is frame-by-frame animation made in Flash...

In AE you'd basically do it the same way by animating masks. There's several other techniques (gradient wipes, transition effects etc.), but without seeing the actual text/ logo, it's difficult to advise which would be best.

Mylenium

suztv
01-26-2006, 07:24 PM
You might try wrtie-on, that works when trying to create animted text/script

Leggs
01-27-2006, 11:41 PM
Vetor paint is a good way to make text or any thing for that matter appear that it is being written on. Just apply to the layer that you want to reveal, and paint strokes over the text or whatever. Then in the fx controls there's drop down menus to tell the strokes to animate and make them reveal the layer they are being painted on.

Ian Jones
01-28-2006, 06:51 AM
This seems to be one of those once a week questions atm, well anyway here's a tutorial:

Making Design Elements Grow (link at top of page)

http://www.xeler8r.com/01/

I strongly suggest the write-on effect over the vector paint for a simpler easier to setup effect. Vector paint is harder to control at times.

petteer
01-28-2006, 08:47 AM
Excellent! Thank you all for your response.

CGTalk Moderation
01-28-2006, 08:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.