PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft to Launch Internet Research Lab

RobertoOrtiz
01-26-2006, 12:40 PM
Quote:
"Microsoft Corp. is creating a research lab devoted solely to developing Internet technology, as part of efforts to move products to market faster and better compete with rivals such as Google Inc. "
>>LINK<< (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060126/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_internet_research;_ylt=AlG.rM6oTWhd.q_cmNi.Ty2s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3cjE0b2MwBHNlYwM3Mzg-)

-R

Schwinnz
01-26-2006, 12:48 PM
The ****ers said they were going to drop IE, what they do? IE7! What now? An internet lab..

Hey, after what they did to the web in the '90s, I don't see what they could give to the web that's positive.

What's next? MSCSS ??? MSTML ???

/me is pissed

TetraLynx
01-26-2006, 03:46 PM
Competition is good for the consumer though. I'm glad to hear that they are gearing up to compete with rivals such as Google. When only one person rules the market there is no room for innovation. Until now, the only player has been Microsoft. I'm happy to see them sweat a little bit.

Beamtracer
01-27-2006, 06:52 AM
The article doesn't tell us much about this new 'Microsoft Labs'. I wonder if it is their version of 'Google Labs'? Similar name.

CGTalk Moderation
01-27-2006, 06:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.