PDA

View Full Version : Lizardman... First Thread

Blackjack
03-01-2002, 06:45 PM
Hey people,
This is my first thread here. Finally I could get myself to post something. I usually hang around the Digital Webbing forums but I have a few friends here too so anyways...

I drew this as a sketch at work with a non-repro blue pencil. I liked it quite a bit and decided to ink it and after that I couldn't stop myself from scanning and colouring it.

So, I'd like to hear all kinds of response, compliments and critiques. :D

Oh! If you wish to see more of my work go and check out the URL below. Remember that since the site is from geocities they have a stupid bandwidth policy so the site may appear down in which case you should revisit an hour or so later :)

paranoy2k
03-01-2002, 07:17 PM
Great Work blackjack!

I got a strange feeling when I check the upper part of the character...there is something with the perspective...

Anyway, I like the saturated colors u used and the lighting effects u did was pretty cool!

Good job!

Blackjack
03-01-2002, 08:22 PM
Hey paranoy2k,

Thanks a lot for taking out the time to write and criticize my work. I'm happy that you liked it. I started out the piece with not much care at the beginning actually and I think what you noticed might be the waist.
It seems to be a little off to me. :) Thanks again.

Sangotten
03-01-2002, 09:35 PM
I like it, except for the contrast between the colours and the detail on the head is much better/different than the legs. Quite an interesting web site too, lots of comic influence...what really good.

Blackjack
03-04-2002, 12:13 PM
Sangotten,
Thanks for the response and critique. Always good to hear stuff like that. You're right about the comic influence. I have been into comics since I was a kid and actually I wished to post this here since it was kind of different than what I usually do.

Thanks again and regards.

sadde
03-04-2002, 03:03 PM
Looks good to me.But i think it needs a bit more complicated background.Maybe a little gothic style or natural environment with clanish handmade works around.Whatever, itssss good.A mutant wasteland warrior huh?does it have a name?

Blackjack
03-04-2002, 07:18 PM
I actually think it is quite alright the way it is. I don't need your stinking advice! Hahahahaha

Thanks a lot saDDe. As you know I did it just as a sketch and therefore he doesn't have a name. At least not yet. The ideas you gave for the background are quite good but I guess I won't play further with this image. Best regards.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.