PDA

View Full Version : which messiah to choose?

lillmagnus
01-26-2006, 08:30 AM
Our company is about to get another messiah, we first got a messiah:studio, but after never even touching the renderer, the next one we got was messiah:animate.
Now we are about ot get yet another messiah, but the decision is much harder now with the messiah:workstation.

What I want to ask is: What would you recommend? animate or workstation? Why is there eaven a messiah:animate with such small difference in price between animate and workstation? Can i use pointoven and plugins with workstation or is there some limitations?

???
Magnus

shadowfork
01-26-2006, 04:45 PM
That's easy.

Animate is for people who basically would like to just render in Lightwave or other apps.

Now Workstation (which you already figured out) has its own renderer (just add $50! The cheapest and one of the great render engines in the market).

The only difference with the two is the render engine. I would highly recommend getting the workstation version. You can't lose ... and besides... its just 50 bucks away.

And yes, point oven works for the workstation.

AAAron
01-26-2006, 08:03 PM
Agree to buy animate seems unnecessary even if you donīt use the renderer now itīt only like 370 kronor :thumbsup: Fun that some swedes use for professional stuff, so far Iīve only used it for my own stuff since my work (www.filmtecknarna.se) use XSI or EIAS.

pelos
01-27-2006, 12:25 AM
if you think as administrative way to get money,
animate and workstation, are just a "hook" when you are gonna get the animate, just for only 50$ you get the render, well, for 50% you can get the render just in case you need it on the future,

when you go to mcdonals, the can give you a larger combo, just for 1 dolar.
89% of the ppl, accept to get the bigger combo for 1 dolar,

when you get togeterh, the 1000, combos you sell, you gain 1000dls extra, just for that,

=) i dont know if i explain correct, it sound more logical in spanish =)

lillmagnus
01-30-2006, 09:29 AM
So workstation it is then! Thanks everybody.

AAAron, filmtecknarna, that seems like a cool place to work. I really like your work.

CGTalk Moderation
01-30-2006, 09:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.