PDA

View Full Version : Latinoreview: A lot of new Ice Age 2 images!

SheepFactory
01-26-2006, 04:51 AM
Enjoy guys:

http://www.latinoreview.com/filmpreview.php?id=21

looks really good , cant wait for this movie.

malcolmTG
01-26-2006, 07:03 AM
im looking forward to that cause i really enjoyed the first one but visually it looks about the same as the first one. i know that this isnt like the final movie renders or anything, but i was just expecting it to take a jump further forward in visuals then it seems to have. but ive yet to see any humans so maybe theyve improved those cause they were the main thing that bugged me about the first one.

SheepFactory
01-26-2006, 07:13 AM
It seems they removed the images fast. There were like 25 images now I only see three.

Breinmeester
01-26-2006, 08:13 AM
I loved Ice Age at the time for its simplicity and humour through character animation. Man, I laughed my _ss off when Sid tried to get asleep on that rock. That was humour done with animation merely. But since then it has been done better (Shrek 2, Madagascar, etc) and now when I watch it, it kind of doesn't stick out for me anymore. I guess it doesn't really survive the wheel of time. I hope Ice Age 2 can reassure me. Can't wait to see a trailer.

On a side note: funny how the consensus changes. I guess if we saw a project like Ice Age (1) done today, we'd all go Hoodwinked about it, but at the time we all thought it was pretty cool that a smaller studio could make a feature, as if out of nothing, too.....

P_T
01-26-2006, 09:40 AM
I saw a Scrat animation where he's climbing an ice wall trying to balance his acorn. He buried his teeth on the wall then later water start spurting out and he tried to cover it with his mouth and went all "baloon-ey"... at the end it says Ice Age 2.

Can't seem to find that animation anywhere though... anyone knows about it?

angel
01-26-2006, 10:59 AM
I saw a Scrat animation where he's climbing an ice wall trying to balance his acorn. He buried his teeth on the wall then later water start spurting out and he tried to cover it with his mouth and went all "baloon-ey"... at the end it says Ice Age 2.

Can't seem to find that animation anywhere though... anyone knows about it?

that was a teaser, check the Apple movie trailers site

malcolmTG
01-26-2006, 06:43 PM
On a side note: funny how the consensus changes. I guess if we saw a project like Ice Age (1) done today, we'd all go Hoodwinked about it, but at the time we all thought it was pretty cool that a smaller studio could make a feature, as if out of nothing, too.....

i disagree because ice age still looks better than hoodwinked and if released today would still be good. it wouldnt be to the level of some of the bigger studios, but the visual quality would be strong enough to where it could hold its own.

FloydBishop
01-26-2006, 07:08 PM
I loved Ice Age at the time for its simplicity and humour through character animation. Man, I laughed my _ss off when Sid tried to get asleep on that rock. That was humour done with animation merely.

The shot you mentioned was animated by Rodrigo Blaas, currently a character animator at Pixar. That guy's really good.

PhilOsirus
01-26-2006, 07:40 PM
Looks nice, as always. But was the first one a big success? I somehow always had a feeling that any story (games or movies) set in a cold world makes it unattractive to the audience for some reason. There is a feeling of solitude with such environments. Maybe if the movie was set at the end of the ice age, with the temperature rising and palm trees sprouting, it could add some diversity to this movie so it doesn't end up looking like Ice Age 1.2.

Just my 2 cents as far as the setting is concerned.

EDIT: Bah, nevermind, that IS the story:D

TheChosen1
01-27-2006, 01:36 AM
Ice age was incredible because it was funny as hell and also almost made me cry. As long as it retains the emotion and humor of the first, I'll be very happy.

CGTalk Moderation
01-27-2006, 01:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.