PDA

View Full Version : Character: R0B0-4F

devilmech
12-02-2002, 03:28 AM
Something I did a couple of months ago, just wondering what people think of it, and where I can improve for the next one

http://www.c-kids.com/devilmech/wip_desolation_14.jpg

JBruckner
12-02-2002, 03:45 AM
Pretty cool I must say, the only thing that might need a little help is the nose area, it seems awfuly plane to me, other than that its pretty nice. Oh, and the eyes need something more, I cant place my finger on it though.

Khannalxy'tys
12-08-2002, 06:17 PM
The body looks like either oily or some shiny plastic material. Is that intended?

raden
12-08-2002, 06:28 PM
hi devilmech,

looks good
HDRI? i think the shading/lighting is cool.
things to improve would be his eyes, add glow maybe? and put more attention to his ears thingie.

devilmech
12-08-2002, 06:38 PM
@glitchwolf: yes I know about the eyes. And the nose

@Khannalxy'tys: Yes, I meant for the armor to be made of a shiny Teflon material.

@raden: Thanks. Yes, I used HDRI for this work. This was done before Max 5 came out , so I didn't have photometric lights to play with. Now I'm in the process of setting up a huge design stage with lots of photometric lights and such to test out models.

As for the eyes, ears, and nose, I would not even have posted this in finished work, but the fact is that the file was corrupted and I couldn't recover it, so this guy is in essence, finished. I've given up trying to reproduce him, as the first time took me around 40 hours to do, and I don't have that kind of time anymore.

Khannalxy'tys
12-08-2002, 06:41 PM
Oh with that in mind that's a very accurate reproduction of it :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.