PDA

View Full Version : Weird Particle Rendering Artifacts (img attached)

Criswell
01-25-2006, 11:15 PM
I am using two sphere-type particle objects in my scene, which I necessarily must render in Hardware mode. One of the particle objects renders fine overall, but the other produces seemingly random patterns of bright noise flickering across the surface of each particle, not even appearing consistently with each successive frame. What is really aggravating is that they are virtually identical particle objects in terms of appearance attributes, just with different shaders and collision/field connections.
I've tried a million things to solve this, various shader types and settings, adjustments to the particle object itself, render, camera and lighting settings, applied the texture of the good-looking particles just to see if it is the texture that is giving me problems, even updated my nVidia drivers, everything I can think of, but no dice. The flickering persists, and it seems to be something to do with the particles themselves (or maybe because of the collision evaluations with the floor surface?).

Attached is a sample render that shows the problem. You can see many of the pink particles (cells) have weird bright stripes and speckles on them, and these dance around very annoyingly from frame to frame. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

I reposted this thread in Rendering because I had initially put in the Dynamics forum, but this is probably more appropriate. Mods, feel free to delete the duplicate thread in Dynamics please.

CGTalk Moderation
01-25-2006, 11:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.