PDA

View Full Version : Env & Ref passes question

jscott
01-25-2006, 08:29 PM
I'm trying to export an After Effects comp from Cinema. I think I have everything setup correctly I get a .AEC file with separate .MOV files for the Channels I select in the Multi-Pass dialog.

This is just simple flying logo project so I thought this would be a good time to get initiated into using multi-pass Cinema comps in AE.

I'm thinking since this is just a simple project all I need is the Diffuse, Reflection, Environment Channels.

I currently have the following Channels being exported:
Material Reflection
Material Environment
Material Color

But I'll be damned if I can find which Channels have the actual environment reflection. It just comes out grey in AE.

-jscott

Per-Anders
01-25-2006, 09:04 PM
the "Material" channels are the colors within those channels of the materials, not the same thing as the rendered effect (i.e. a relfection channel may be grey, because that's what's in the reflection channel, but the rendered reflection isn't what's in the reflection channel of a material). What you want to use are the "Reflection", "Environment" and "Diffuse" multipass layers instead.

jscott
01-25-2006, 09:09 PM
Yeah that's what I initially thought except there is no "Environment" channel. Only "Material Environment".

Damit being a noob sucks...:)

I'm going to just add all the damn channels and see what I get...lol

thanks,

-jscott

jscott
01-25-2006, 09:25 PM
Stange as it sounds it's in the Ambient channel.

thanks,

-jscott

jscott
01-26-2006, 05:26 PM
Okay I'm back...:) Can you get the Motion Blur pass separatly. I don't see a specific option for it. Tried using Post Effect channel but got nothing.

Thanks,

-jscot

Simon Wicker
01-26-2006, 06:15 PM
you can either use the crappy vector motion blur (which gets sent to the post effects channel) or you can get hold of vixol from somewhere (it isn't available from core arsenal anymore as far as i know) which will save motion vectors as a multipass that you can use with reelsmart motion blur within AE.

smb is not saved separately.

cheers, simon w.

jscott
01-27-2006, 04:11 PM
Thanks Simon...

CGTalk Moderation
01-27-2006, 04:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.