PDA

View Full Version : Integrating human facial scans with animated figures?

doctornovocalcords
01-25-2006, 03:36 PM
Hi,

Firstly, apologies if this is the wrong forum. I am new to all this, maybe there is a more appropriate forum.

Im wondering if anyone can give me advice bearing in mind the following situation...

For a prospecitve PhD proposal, I am wanting to create simple and short 3d animations of various scenarios. These dont need to be brilliant graphically or well-animated. They will feature a 3d human character going about various activities.

However I then want to personalise this animated avatar by putting the person who is watching the animations' face (possibly bodily dimensions) onto the animated character so they are effectively watching a representation of themselves doing things.

A few questions (if that above makes sense!)

Is this kind of thing going to be possible for a person untrained in programming to do (ie manageable within an animation package)?

Are there simple recommended programmes in 3d animation and face-scanning/manipulation that would be worth looking into?

Would it be relatively simple to import a facial scan into an animation package and integrate it with the humanoid avatar?

Any help much appreciated. Im hoping it would be manageable myself or it's presumably going to cost a fair bit.

Thanks

tufif
01-31-2006, 05:02 PM
If you want to keep it simple, I think there are some tools for poser that do something like this. Try searching renderosity.com for it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-31-2006, 05:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.