PDA

View Full Version : Animation: Showreel Online

Amaan
12-01-2002, 10:09 PM
Hi folks

Just did a quick showreel for my lighting and modeling skills

ShowReel (http://warpedspace.org/showreel.htm) (11 megs, requires DivX 5.01)

and did I mention I am looking for work? ;)

Amaan

P.S. There's a completely new WarpedSpace (http://warpedspace.org) Online too.

rainwinter
12-08-2002, 03:18 PM
so sorry

i couldnt downit

pity

JelloGnome 2
12-08-2002, 04:36 PM
Amaan, your showreel is great (It's not working now but I saw it before)

I just read your tutorial and it's one of the best tutorials I've ever seen. Not only is it filled with useful information, but you even took the time to organize it and make it look professional. A lot of tutorials with useful information don't go that extra mile.

Keep up the good work!

yobarman
12-08-2002, 05:48 PM
i can't seem to download it either (i can download it from the link on your site)

by the way your site is very badass!

Amaan
12-08-2002, 08:26 PM
thanks people for the feedback. and sorry that I had to take the reel down. I transferred 52 gigs in 8 days and had to find an alternate hosting solution.

well, the cool people over at Gallery of 3D (http://www.galleryof3d.com) were kind enough to host it for me and you can download the reel now from http://www.warpedspace.org/showreel.htm

hope you'll like it!

Amaan

JelloGnome 2
12-08-2002, 08:28 PM
52 gigs, I'm impressed :)

Lukashi
12-08-2002, 11:49 PM
its working and im dling right now, ill post something when done

Lukashi
12-09-2002, 12:00 AM
NICE!! :) why does this thread has two stars...must be newbies voting, anyways 5 from me :)

slime
12-09-2002, 12:10 AM
I have discovered that someone is making one star votings in many threads. Some threads going from five stars to three or this one with only two are not logical. Also five star threads have completely dissapeared.I don't say you must like everything nor give a lot of stars to everything, but ONE star must be only given to bad work, and Amaan work is definetly NOT that kind of work!!
Please, stop that nonsene, the community won't be improved that way! :hmm:

Regards!

Daniel.

MrSolo
12-09-2002, 04:13 AM
Hi Akran...

I saw your stuff in all sites of 3D. GREAT job!!!!!!!

It is funny because my first short movie has been feature on a few 3d sites too at same time..... Good for us.....

I cant belive you are still looking for a job.... Actually I am looking for a job too.... Funny..... But for me I can understand, I need to improve a lot all my skews.... but you can work anywhere....

I really wish you a better luck and I am pretty sure you will find an excellent job as fast as you can thing.

Sorry my bad inglish, I am from Brazil.....

About the stars, dont worry some stupid guy are trying to hide good stuff.... You deserve 10 stars.....

By the way my movie link is
http://www.mrsolo.com/guernica.html

and I had a topic here too a few weeks ago, the link is
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20037&highlight=mrsolo

Good luck
marcelo ortiz

harly
12-09-2002, 10:53 AM
AMAAN, your lightning and modeling skills are awesome!!!
five stars from me :))

:thumbsup:

stephen2002
12-09-2002, 12:28 PM
great stuff, I like the red muscle man - you can see the insides :)

Very good renders in there.

I hope that I make something so popular that a 10MB file generates 52GB of transfer in 2 days! That about 5,000 downloads!!!!

platypus
12-09-2002, 01:25 PM
:drool: the reel is frikkin fantastic, man! excellent choice of music as well! :applause:

rainwinter
12-10-2002, 09:23 AM
Oh

i c it now

rather good

also the incidental music!

keep going on ur way

Grayscale
12-10-2002, 01:47 PM
Hey man....this reel is very very good. Great Job and keep up the good work.!

Amaan
12-10-2002, 06:20 PM
thanks all for your comments :) am glad you liked it

MrSolo : I've seen that movie of yours. found it to be very nicely executed and very artistic! excellent work!

Amaan

RockinAkin
12-10-2002, 07:11 PM
Very impressive showreel you've got there.
Your lighting examples are phenominal.

Good Luck getting your dream job!
-DivideByZero-

relativity
12-10-2002, 08:47 PM
Excellent work, I watched your reel a few times already - I just can't stop watching it.

Regards,
Erwin

error-404-
12-11-2002, 11:37 AM
kick ass !!! :buttrock:

CDS
12-11-2002, 06:40 PM
I like the look of the reel, the cinematograph really draws a person in! Very nice work! On your primary character your attention to muscular detail is incredible, the flow of origins and insertions really add to the quality of this model.

...."GREAT JOB"!

fr3drik
12-11-2002, 08:34 PM
Wow, that was simply amazing. :eek:

Remi
12-11-2002, 08:49 PM
Exceptional work...to bad I'm not an employer...i'd hire you right now....nice demo Amaan...you shouldn't have to much trouble finding a job with a demo like that....I might add a few more models to your demo though...only crit....great:thumbsup: :bounce: :wavey:

Indigo
12-11-2002, 09:06 PM
Downloading ... 2hours left...
Dial-up...

hope it's worth :)

Hec
12-13-2002, 12:11 AM
Jeez, I think I am the only person giving a crit.

You start the demo movie with the old grandpa who has been modelled and textured by someone else. To me it seems a little backwards to show someone else's stuff before you show your stuff. Shouldn't your stuff go first? Heh. Nice work.

dtrimble
12-13-2002, 03:14 AM
Amazing lighting.

Crit: If I was luck enough to be editing this stuff together I would consider cutting out the first pan up the statue with the swords legs. The back of the legs look okay, but the front looks kinda flat, especailly after seeing the nice curves on your muscle guy. So like that shot, boom start right at the belly, panning up, then on to the rear pan up. Also the old man looks good, but the silhouette shot(the one with the model that has the sword and wings,) the lighting is paramount, but the model just doesn't look like it has enough shape to it to be interesting. I would consider cutting out that whole shot.

The music is very fitting:) Great job!

kramz
12-13-2002, 03:23 AM
hey man......
great work..
and thanks for the tutorial......i really learned a lot from it...
i'll be waiting for the second part

Amaan
12-14-2002, 12:02 PM
thanks people for the great feedback and helpful critique. I've been out of action for a while (on vacation) and wasn't able to reply quickly to all that was posted here.

Remi: yep, you're right that the reel is a bit short. am going to sit down soon and get some models done ASAP

Hec: you've raised a good point. If you pick up a reel of someone who's been working in the film fx industry, you'll find that a lot of the work on their reel is collaborative effort. I did the lighting and the post work on the renderings of David Maas' Gramps and that's what I wanted to show. I might need to change my title to "Lighter/Sculptor" from "Sculptor/Modeler" though :)

dtrimble: good point again! I just might incorporate these changes when I add some new stuff to the reel :)

Baldasseroni
12-14-2002, 03:09 PM
Nice atmosphere, the choice of the music of Segovia in background is really appropriate.

Keep up the good work

Ale

McSpirit
12-14-2002, 06:25 PM
KICK ASS :bounce:

unfortunaly there was something wrong with the sound on the one i dl'ed... but who cares the visual was perfect

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.